Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I've carried my S&W SWAT II for 5-6 years and I'm looking for an upgrade with roughly the same size and weight. A couple I've looked at but haven't been able to handle are the benchmade skirmish and SOG tomcat 3.0 model 59 thoth are out of my prive range I'm looking for 150 at most if possible) and a couple spyderco manix2.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take a look at it it looks about the same size I'm looking for might be a little light... But it's good looking and I know people who love kershaw.

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
After forking out the extra money for a Benchmade knife, I refuse to carry anything less. Yes I own a Kershaw too and its a nice knife but my benchmade has much better steel in it and it better made.

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Kershaw OSO Sweet is a good knife.
Kershaw Skyline is a good knife too.
I also like my CRKT M16 Tanto.

I really like the look of the CRKT M21 but I personally do not own one.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Zero Tolerance for me!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm currently enjoying my Zero Tolerance 0350 as my EDC. I posted a review of mine a few weeks ago. A great all around knife and within your price range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm kinda partial to Benchmade Knives. I have many other brands, but Benchmade seems to be the best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I'm still a fan of my Kershaw Blur. It's been a good blade for me. I'm slowly working my way up in prices on knives. I'm just now contemplating on getting a pair of Ray Bans....I tend to lose/break things with a regularity.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Love my Spyderco Tenacious that I got for 30 bucks off ebay !!!!! Best knife for the price and if I lose it I will not be pissed, just buy another :twisted:;).

The new one from Spyderco that I am looking at is the Resilience. It is priced around 40 bucks and is the bigger brother to the Tenacious.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm currently enjoying my Zero Tolerance 0350 as my EDC. I posted a review of mine a few weeks ago. A great all around knife and within your price range.
+100 for ZT!
ZT all the way!

Images found by google:

Went hiking last weekend, nobody argued when I called shotgun:

The 0100 in 3V:

#1 value folder, the ZT 0200 in 154CM ($120):

EDC tank, the 0350 in S30V ($112):

Scavenger, the 0400 in S30V($120):

All of them 'cept the 0100 should be well in your price range. All ZT's are 100% hand-built and finished in Tualatin, OR with a killer warranty should you need it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll second the ZT0350; it goes with me to work every day.

I also have a Benchmade Bone Collector that I carry when I'm off work.

Both are under $150, have G10 handles, and have tough blade steel (S30V on the ZT, D2 on the Bone Collector). For the money, Spyderco makes a hell of a knife. S30V is an awesome steel and takes some work to sharpen. D2 is also awesome, and you'll want diamond stones for it.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
My EDC when I'm not at work is a benchmade 51, but that's almost twice as much as you want to pay.

I've always been a big fan of kershaw knives and I own quite a few. You get a lot of bang for your buck. The Kershaw skyline used to be availible for around 20 bucks which was a hell of a good deal, now they're asking 35 for them I believe. It's got a decent SS blade (I'm not a fan of SS to begin with), a deep finger choil, g10 scales, a plain edge which isn't oddly shaped (unlike the ZT knives which are always crazy shaped) and is very light weight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts