Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new here I have a XD sub-compact 9mm, XD 45 service, and a walther P-22, for my personal handguns, I use a Sig p220 for work but I can't stand it.

I was looking at the Walther PPS in 40 cal, but they seem to be getting a bum rap right now and I can not find one locally to check out, I was then looking at the Para warthog, not sure I want to pay the price tag, I then started thinking about the XD 45 tactical compact, I get 45 ammo from work, so 45 would be a cheaper option.

I love my XD service and carry that almost all the time I had a local shop do a grip reduction and redo my grips on the service and subcompact, I have small hands and it fits like a glove now. I Need to find a better paddle holster though. I am using the XD gear paddle, though I am leaning towards the Comp-tac locking paddle.

I am in a quandry I am looking for a new gun but I am all over the place trying to find the "perfect" off duty carry gun. I use all of the 3 above mentioned to carry depending on where I am or what I am doing. Maybe the XD 45 compact tactical is the best option. Anyone have any ideas or think of anything better? I am getting addicted to the internet trying to read reviews all the time on everything lol.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I carry and XD45 service all day everyday. I would recomend one of those. Where do you work that provides 45 ammo that is pricey. The whole reason I bought my XD9 service. Welcome to the forum though.
Edit: I carry my XD45 in a supertuck IWB holster and would recomend that as well as the XD.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
It's going to be hard to beat that XD-9SC you have for an off duty carry gun. My dad is a deputy sheriff and carries a SC for both on and off duty carry. He just carries with the 16 rounder in when he's on duty.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I am getting a Dan Wesson CBOB in 45 or 10mm for carry. I've read excellent reviews on it and I love me some 1911s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies I work for Uncle Sugar, I love my service XD never tried a IWB holster before, maybe the XD 45 compact tatical would suit my needs better, I could swap platforms around, question for you does the IWB holster require a whole new wardrobe change to a bigger waist size? I have never used one before always use either the shoulder holster, paddle or tac, depending on what i am doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JhankG that would be a sweet gun to own I just don't want to spend more then 600$ or so for a new gun, that is what has put me off the Para.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where as I feel the XD compacts are great guns the Bersa .380 concealed carry is great for carry. I like it almost as well. majorduke

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
JhankG that would be a sweet gun to own I just don't want to spend more then 600$ or so for a new gun, that is what has put me off the Para.

Hmm...how about a Smith and Wesson M&P in the caliber of your choice? Another option would be a Springfield 1911, either the GI or the Mil Spec. I think all three of these options would be less than $600.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I love my XD45 Compact - in an IWB the butt of the grip stays close to me, and it really doesn't print at all. I think it's the best of both worlds - concealable + 10 rds. of .45 ACP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the ideas a 1911 does sound nice I am going to get a wheel gun I want a 44 magnum though big barrel for the night stand. I am really leaning towards the xd compact tactical I can get what 4 guns for two LOL.

Is a springfield mil spec or gi thinner or lighter then an xd service or compact. Thanks again all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts