Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this P07 Duty 9mm at Academy, having sale on all guns. Got $25 off price off gun. $399! With tax OTD $405, not too shabby, heard very good things about these, always wanted a CZ 75 and thought this fit my hand like a glove, 16 rounds and very slim. You can change it from a de-cocker to manual safety, and use it cocked and locked as well, best of both worlds, whats not to like! Best of all it fits my XD holsters! Now thats savings were it counts. Will make me a great carry gun after I put a few hundred shake down rounds through it, will give yall a range report. Might shoot it in an IDPA event Sunday. Give me ya'lls opinions.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Cool. Whenever I can get the cash scraped together I'm looking to get a PO-1, but that's also a nice piece. Keep us posted on your ownership experience.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
CZ has an excellent rep. Did you photoshop slide release and decocker or are they really THAT HUGE?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are really that big along with the trigger guard, but trust me, you dont notice any of it. The slide to frame fit on this thing is unreal! The trigger is not to bad either, should get better with age. Gonna order steel sights and stainless guide rod tommorrow. It does fit my SuperTuck for my XD45 like a glove.​

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Congratulations! A great pistol at a great price.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had a P07 but found the P01 better for me. The P07 does have a good trigger and it smooths up nice. Don't look forward for the mag prices though. That pistol is snappy but it returns to target fast and the more you shoot it the faster it gets. I also used my CBST for an XD to carry it. The plastic sights do suck though. You plan on replacing those anyway. Shoot it and enjoy it. One of the most unrated forearms in IMO. They are $399 at my academy everyday.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
looks like a fine pistol! :cool:

·
Registered
480 Posts
That's a fine pistol for the price you paid:)

It's not everyday you come across a deal like that. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
829 Posts
For the record next time take a pic of something other than your junk. Just admit you had an alternative motive. Im on to you lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had just got home and couldn't wait to get a pic up for you guys, and my trucks interior is all black, I needed something light for the gun to show up better! Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful! LOL!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
One nice looking pistol. I never got one in my hands until after I bought my XDM .40 Compact (no regrets there), but I don't think it would have changed my decision. I was impressed by the P07's look and feel. I ended up with a 9mm CZ 75 - again no regrets - as my primary range and BUG. You got a great deal on what appears to be a great pistol. Let us know how she shoots.

BTW You need to get out more and ditch that motel tan - LOL

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
They are really that big along with the trigger guard, but trust me, you dont notice any of it. The slide to frame fit on this thing is unreal! The trigger is not to bad either, should get better with age. Gonna order steel sights and stainless guide rod tommorrow. It does fit my SuperTuck for my XD45 like a glove.​
I just looked at my XD ... those levers look like they were made for SHREK hands. But that is just an appearance issue I am sure they work just fine like you said.

When I first saw this model I was quite interested since it seemed to be CZ first fully "modern" gun. And their pricing on it is pretty aggressive, too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just looked at my XD ... those levers look like they were made for SHREK hands. But that is just an appearance issue I am sure they work just fine like you said.

When I first saw this model I was quite interested since it seemed to be CZ first fully "modern" gun. And their pricing on it is pretty aggressive, too.
If not SHREK hands, gloved hands. I have to agree with the OP that their size is not noticeable when the gun is in your hand. Not very aesthetic, but highly functional. Pricing is very aggressive. My stepson is strongly considering one in 9mm along with a XD9 or XD9c.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can't go wrong with ANY CZ! :shock:

Great choice! :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts