Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just got my XD9 service model. Its my first pistol purchase. I also own an ar-15.

I want to start by saying thanks, this site helped me make my decision to buy the XD. I looked at a few other pistols and the XD fits very well.

This is self defense and range pistol for me. I got married just over a year ago, have a 4 month old baby girl, and a brand new house. So, I felt the need to add a little more insurance.

I also got 200 rounds of winchester white box (walmart rules) and a 20 pack of 147 grain hydrashocks. Forgot about the 8$ range bag, dammit. Going to the range tomorrow (Saturday).

I have a question. With the slide locked back, the barrel is a little wobbly and it points up slightly. Is this normal? no wobbles when the slide is forward. everything looked normal with a field strip.

I took a couple pictures, didnt know I needed a host for them. I'll see if i can get them up.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Android said:
I have a question. With the slide locked back, the barrel is a little wobbly and it points up slightly. Is this normal? no wobbles when the slide is forward. everything looked normal with a field strip.
Yes. Normal. Welcome to the family. Be sure to give us a range report.
8)

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Yes, my barrel is wobbly when my mag is spent and the slide is locked. But when I'm ready for discharge it's good and stiff. :wink:

·
Registered
163 Posts
And the older you get the more wobbly your barrel becomes

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
293 Posts
You guy are going to make me :oops: with all this stiff barrel talk.

As long as the end of the barrel locks up firmly when the slide is closed/forward there's not a problem.

If the end of your barrel is loose/jiggles when the slide is (closed/forward) then you may be sacrificing a little bit of accuracy.

A good gunsmith can custom re-fit your factory barrel or you can buy a match grade barrel and have it custom fit to the slide.

Keep in mind that if you go the match grade barrel way, you will not be able to use your original factory barrel with any accuracy, if at all.

Good Luck & Good Shootin' :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Welcome to the loyal order of the Croatian Wobbly Barrel Plastic Gun club!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
You guys and your wobbly barrels...lol Ya'll just aint right!

Oh yeah, yes its normal for the barrel to be loose in the hole (end of slide, you pervs) Its because it is out of battery, when the slide locks closed it locks up tight, this is called a locked breach design and makes for a stronger action.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone.

I made it to the range and went through 100 rounds really quick. Didnt put any new targets up because it was really cold. everything functioned perfectly.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Until I retired, I always carried all 3 mags loaded and readied to go. So did the other 8000+. Never had a problem feeding. Tho that wasn't an XD, it won't matter. I have an XD9 sub and carry an extra mag while concealed. Not a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts