Springfield XD Forum banner

Look Ma...No Grip Safety

14K views 101 replies 44 participants last post by  dawgchamp 
#1 ·
Just to try it I put a grip sleeve on my XD40 that covered the grip safety. Took it to the range and put 100+ rounds through it with zero problems of any kind. My M&P 45c has no safeties either as I removed that big ol paddle thumb safety that it had. I think I like it. It's a house/range gun so it won't be going into a holster.

#88 ·
What benefits? Oh, you meant pointing at the ceiling all the time, not being able to use lead or plated bullets and constant slide bite? No thanks. XD, it's better then a Block (read Glock).

Reactions: warbird1
#3 ·
But then he would have to give glock his money, ewwww!

#6 ·
But he could buy one of these...

That is more money that stays in the USA over that XD..:roll:

And the S&W M&P semi?
No way would I want that Sigma remake......:(
Glock profits go back to Gaston and Austria, not America.

#8 ·
Glock profits go back to Gaston and Austria, not America.
You might want to look at your own Sig line before you piss on Glock, Gaston, and Austria and where the money goes...:roll:

How many of your guns were made in the USA....:confused:

You mean that same angle that the Luger and the Ruger Mk-series .22's have?

Funny how people never bitch about those...
Also funny how you can read threads about how some found that they shoot Glocks, despite the grip angle, better than other guns that they own..

The OP defeated the safeties of said pistols, which I feel is a bad idea.
A better idea would have been to buy firearms without said safeties in the first place...

#66 ·
You might want to look at your own Sig line before you piss on Glock, Gaston, and Austria and where the money goes...:roll:

How many of your guns were made in the USA....:confused:

Also funny how you can read threads about how some found that they shoot Glocks, despite the grip angle, better than other guns that they own.
I'm actually one of those people,funny you mention that. The next gun I will be purchasing is a Glock.

#14 ·
How did this thread turn into a Glock vs Notglock argument.
It seems to happen with regularity here. Somebody will post something like "my daughter has lost 35 lbs." and a few guys will post "Awesome" and then somebody will post "Wow she must have been a real whopper" and then it goes from there. You sure ask stupid questions. (See how I did that?) :lol:

#15 ·
I can appreciate the differences, and can roll effectively with either. :wink:

#19 ·
It seems to happen with regularity here. Somebody will post something like "my daughter has lost 35 lbs." and a few guys will post "Awesome" and then somebody will post "Wow she must have been a real whopper" and then it goes from there. You sure ask stupid questions. (See how I did that?) :lol:
Impeccable word choice, my friend. :D:D

#20 ·
#22 ·
How did this thread turn into a Glock vs Notglock argument.
Because the OP altered his firearms giving him the benefits that a Glock would have had in the first place...
Do you concur with the idea of disabling stock safety functions of a firearm?

I'm sorta thinking that a grip sleeve is cheaper than a new pistol.
Sell a gun you don't want and buy another you do want.
OR, just make the right choice when buying in the first place..
Defeating or disabling a stock safety feature of a firearm is a bad idea IMHO.

Whaaaat, I LOVE my M&P 9! I did an apex trigger and couldn't be happier!!
Yep, that is it..
M&Ps need an Apex trigger and XDs need a springer or PRP kit to make a decent trigger.
Buy a handgun and then spend another $80 - $100 just to make the trigger acceptable...:roll:

But this wasn't meant to be a Glock vs other polymer handguns issue.
The OP defeated a grip safety and removed a thumb safety, neither would I have on a handgun in the first place, except for a 1911.
Why not just choose a handgun without these features he/she didn't seem to want in the first place...:confused:

#26 ·
I defeated my safeties with the old trade-a-roo method. The Gen4 19 and Gen3 27 don't need fancy alterations to make them better.

I hope I have added adequate oxygen to this blaze. Flame on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.