Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an xd40 subcompact. Is it possible for range work, to drop in a 4 inch EFK barrel? Sorry if this is a noob question. I would think no problem but for the extra length sticking out the front of slide

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
What for, you won't get any better accuracy. Accuracy from a longer barreled pistol is due to a longer sight radius and adding a longer barrel to a short frame doesn't extend the sight radius.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
^^ What he said. Also I don't think you can just put in a 4" barrel like used in the 4" XD compact models. Pretty sure the barrel lugs are different. You would need an extended barrel made specifically for the SC. As AG said, would gain nothing at the range for accuracy. Might add a few fps velocity, but that is not a factor for range shooting.
Only use would be if you went extended and threaded for a comp or suppressor. Or extended with external barrel porting.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Also I don't think you can just put in a 4" barrel like used in the 4" XD compact models. Pretty sure the barrel lugs are different. You would need an extended barrel made specifically for the SC.
Correct, the innards of both SCs are a bit different then thier larger brothers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. My reason for asking is that I can't seem to find a subcompact conversion anywhere but I see the compacts and services all over.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
EFK is about the only reasonable source for SC conversion barrels (to 9mm for ammo cost?). They generally get one or two runs a year and then you have to wait for the next. Contact them for schedule and choices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts