Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks... I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you about my XD.

I've been adicted to this forum for the past several months. I figured it was about time I registered and spoke up.

I first saw an XD in Albuquerque back in 2002. I loved how it felt in my hand. I thought that was something very personal, but it seems the grip is something I've seen mentioned by many on this board as well as in magazine reviews. Anyway, it took me a couple of years, but I finally picked up an XD9 Service a couple of months ago (my first firearm). I paid $399 out the door.

I have put 800 rounds through my XD in 2 months. 250 were PMC white box. 200 were WWB from Walmart. 200 were CCI Blazer. 150 were UMC. All were 115 grain FMJ. I had 2 early failures with the PMC. One was a FTE. The other was when the gun was empty, for some reason the slide didn't stay back.

Here are some pics of my setup. My range bag should tell you I've been reading this forum since before the hacker took it down.

Also, as you can see I got the 3 HC mags and XD holster. It didn't come that way, but Springfield honored the promo with my $7 s&h. I love the extra mag, but the hard plastic holster is too tight.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Buy an Uncle Mike's or, if you want to spend the money, a BladeTech holster. They are tension adjustable, unlike those cheapa** Fobus POS that gun manufacturers push. That is if you want Kydex as the material.

BTW, do all you guys actualy count the rounds you shoot? I tend to count the empty case cardboard I recycle every two weeks. Can not immagine buying less then 2K to 3K rounds/month/caliber.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
manygunner said:
BTW, do all you guys actualy count the rounds you shoot? I tend to count the empty case cardboard I recycle every two weeks. Can not immagine buying less then 2K to 3K rounds/month/caliber.
Well... I'm sure I'll lose track at some point. But for now, I just keep track in my head of how many boxes I have shot. I've only been to the store a few times so for now it's easy to remember.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Welcome to the gang, looks good, sounds good, feels good! Good for you, good for me, Mmmmm good! :lol:

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
now that is a good first time poster... posts pics :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Welcome PDX!

Always nice to see another Oregonian on here..

Raymond

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Ohhh I see you have used the rubbermaid gun case as mentioned here, I can belive your a longtime reader. And the SA holster is not made by Fobus and can be made better. Tighten the retention screw about 3/4ths of the way in then take a pot of boiling water and drop the holster in for about 30-40 seconds then pull the holster out and shove the pistol in once or twice. Then dry and oil your xd`s outside and dry and oil your metal parts on the holster so you wont get rust. Now back the retention screw out almost all the way and try the draw now adjust to your liking. If its still tight then do the boiling water trick again, but turn the retention screw in all the way.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
ajamesp51
take a pot of boiling water and drop the holster in for about 30-40 seconds
add some salt and chopped onion is good too :mrgreen:

Just kidding, I am signing off now :wink:

P/S. Great job James, you have all the good answers to many gun questions :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
icon said:
welcome.. it always great to see a fellow portlander on thais board.. so where do you shoot??
I used to shoot at this spot out near Timber Junction until the Department of Forestry broke my heart.

My favorite spot in the woods:

New sign that appeared this week:

I have been thinking about joining the Tri County Gun Club in Sherwood. I've been as a guest, and it's an amazing facility. The price isn't too bad either. The only problem is that the pistol range is outdoors so no shooting after sunset. Also the the target settings are 25yds. and 50yds. Shooting at 25 yards gets old. They do have an entire "practical" pistol area that I should learn more about. That could be fun. Lots of LEO's do their traning there. http://www.tcgc.org

Tri County Gun Club:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I belong to johnson creek gun club it a good price. open seven days a week from 8-8 then if your in by 8pm you can shoot until 10pm.. no store front just shooting.. its great..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like those pines didn't care much for the extra lead in their diet :lol:

Enjoy your XD!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Those trees took alot of abuse. That place is too nice to shoot up.
Now people will probably good deeper into the woods to shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts