Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the board and this is my first post. My Springfield XDM .40 was my very first handgun. It is the first handgun that I have shot as well. Anyway, after going to the range a few times by myself, I finally went with a few friends that have been shooting all of their life. I was grouping 3" head shots at 25 yards which they all said was pretty impressive. I had no idea since I've never shot before.

I am now looking to improve my skills at long ranges and would like some advice on more precise sights for my gun. I've looked at the Dawson precision which seem like a good choice because the sight is smaller which would allow me to see more of the target at that range. Does anyone have any suggestions as to any other longer range precision sights?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I would go with Dawsons all the way and get a narrow front sight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I have looked into both of these and will be making a decision soon. Probably can't go wrong with either of them from the looks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I hate to throw a wrench in the mix, but Warren Tactical sights are used by a lot of top shooters if you want a set of fixed sights. Springfield Armory Custom Shop can also put a very nice adjustable set on if that's what you want. That way you can tune your sights to hit Point of Aim/Point of Impact with a specific load at a specific distance. Hope that doesn't mess you up too much.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Custom low mount Bo-mar install is hard to beat, sits low in the slide, a shorter front sight than other adjustable sights, and rear blade can be profiled to your preferred look.
Rich

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to throw a wrench in the mix, but Warren Tactical sights are used by a lot of top shooters if you want a set of fixed sights. Springfield Armory Custom Shop can also put a very nice adjustable set on if that's what you want. That way you can tune your sights to hit Point of Aim/Point of Impact with a specific load at a specific distance. Hope that doesn't mess you up too much.
Not at all, the more info I can get to make an informed decision the better. Thanks everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts