Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Am I the only one that read that like i was in high school reading a play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yeah, it’s kind of what i would have guessed would happen without any real evidence to back it up. Trying to relate it to why i like heavier bullets in rifle cartridges for long range shooting, but i know there are a lot of different factors. And without really going into it, my argument would fall on it’s face rather fast!

Guess i’ve always leaned heavier in most things i shoot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Effectiveness is how something works in real world setting; efficacy is how something works in a controlled setting. Not trying to be an arse, just pointing out that the terms are not synonymous, but are often used interchangeably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Effectiveness is how something works in real world setting; efficacy is how something works in a controlled setting. Not trying to be an arse, just pointing out that the terms are not synonymous, but are often used interchangeably.

Well...since they were referencing shooting being done in a controlled setting (shooting gel blocks off a bench on the square range)...I’d say I was correct in my usage, no?

We can extrapolate real world efficiency from the tests...

;)

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Well...since they were referencing shooting being done in a controlled setting (shooting gel blocks off a bench on the square range)...I’d say I was correct in my usage, no?

;)
Well, efficacy is more of a medical term, too. I left that part out of my previous response...no worries either way.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts

;)
Roll with it either way...in medicine there are distinct differences. Outside of that bubble it likely matters little. It was simply an observation.

·
Premium Member
21,682 Posts
Now, if I can only reliably deliver shots at the hundred...... :oops::p
A 45 ACP at that range is like throwing a football. You will need to count for wind and curve of the Earth (eat is flat Earthers) for it!

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
^ I shoot mostly 9x19, so, for me, it's just a matter of skill (or, more like it, the lack thereof :oops:).

I've really shot very, very little this year, and both my recoil-control as well as precision/accuracy have suffered for it.

The former is to be expected somewhat, but the latter has really taken a hit as I've slacked off from dry-fire over the course of the last six months, too.

It's really my fault, more than anything else.

I went to the range just the other day to re-zero my beater (I fooled with the the position of the scope in its mount a bit) and backup ARs (I needed to actually zero at the 50, which I had not yet had time to do since putting the optic on the gun - only bore-sighted and then the quick 10-for-50) in preparation for an upcoming class, and not only was I no longer able to double-tap a B/C at the 100 with the carbine :(, I also was unable to find that same steel with my 4.5-inch XDm. :(:( Heck, I couldn't even tag it at the 75 any more, and that used to be at least 9 out of 10, if not 10/10 shot. :oops:

Embarrassing......

·
Registered
29,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ I shoot mostly 9x19, so, for me, it's just a matter of skill (or, more like it, the lack thereof :oops:).

I've really shot very, very little this year, and both my recoil-control as well as precision/accuracy have suffered for it.

The former is to be expected somewhat, but the latter has really taken a hit as I've slacked off from dry-fire over the course of the last six months, too.

It's really my fault, more than anything else.

I went to the range just the other day to re-zero my beater (I fooled with the the position of the scope in its mount a bit) and backup ARs (I needed to actually zero at the 50, which I had not yet had time to do since putting the optic on the gun - only bore-sighted and then the quick 10-for-50) in preparation for an upcoming class, and not only was I no longer able to double-tap a B/C at the 100 with the carbine :(, I also was unable to find that same steel with my 4.5-inch XDm. :(:( Heck, I couldn't even tag it at the 75 any more, and that used to be at least 9 out of 10, if not 10/10 shot. :oops:

Embarrassing......
It’s a skill set that degrades rapidly, I’ve found.

But it can also come back fairly quickly...

Darn. More range time. Life sucks...:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
I’m pretty religious about my range time, but for sure my long distance game has suffered through the summertime desert closures. I look forward to banging steel at 100 yds with my handguns!

Yeah, there will be a bunch of misses to begin with....

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Registered
795 Posts
Interesting test!
440yds is a long way for a handgun round.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts