Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I bought my first XDM last Thursday. I went out and fired it this weekend. I ran about 100 rounds through it, and at 1 point I had a jam. A piece of brass got wedged between the end of the breach and under the round about to be inserted. I was able to clear the jam but became a bit concerned about damage to the weapon. I took it apart to clean it and noticed a chip in the locking block (picture attached). I am sure I am probably just over reacting, I just want to make sure this is normal wear and not something I should be worried about. Any help, or input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

GoneButNot4Gottn

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm no expert, but that appears to be more cosmetic than anything.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my first gun, and my first XD, I am not viewing the entire groove for the feed ramp. I do know that is supposed to be there. I was referring to the wear on the upper left hand corner of that groove. I was not sure if that is normal wear or not.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
This is my first gun, and my first XD, I am not viewing the entire groove for the feed ramp. I do know that is supposed to be there. I was referring to the wear on the upper left hand corner of that groove. I was not sure if that is normal wear or not.
is it blackened?

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
If it is the small disco lowered area in the locking block feed ramp area then just call Springfield and they will replace it. If you see a silver flake in the feed ramp that should not be there. But it can also be discoleration from the bullet or the case that was stuck. Rub your finger on it and see if you can feel the chiped flake. If you can feel it call and get it replaced.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I honestly see nothing wrong in the pic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it is the small disco lowered area in the locking block feed ramp area then just call Springfield and they will replace it. If you see a silver flake in the feed ramp that should not be there. But it can also be discoleration from the bullet or the case that was stuck. Rub your finger on it and see if you can feel the chiped flake. If you can feel it call and get it replaced.

What he said

1 - 13 of 13 Posts