Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a xd-9 that is locked up. There is a empty case in the chamber. The slide will go back about 1/4 inch. The barrel begins to tip down and everything stops.
Any Help

Charles

·
Registered
311 Posts
Someone posted a huge fix for this. In short take your slide off the gun. Then put a loaded magazine in, look at the slide lock release's little nipple thingy that is sticking out. It will most likely be almost touching the top bullet in the magazine. That little nipple is the culprit. The fix is to just shave it down a bit. I had this problem only with WWB because it is so fat at the end and UMC tapers more towards the tip and worked fine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Take the slide and put the rear sight on the edge of a table or counter like a hook. Then with the grip safety enguaged smack the frame downward you should pop the empty out.

The pistol is not having loading problems its actually a stuck case, either too dirty of a chamber or round or just not sized properly.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sorry Rockhillarms, I guess I skimmed through your message to quickly and didn't realize the actual problem. The fix I was talking about is when the slide stays locked back and there is a casing in the chamber that was never ejected. The culprit being the next round in the magazine that is getting caught on the slide lock release not letting the slide continue forward to extract the casing. Your post sounded the same and I jump to a conclusion.
hope you fix it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i went to the springfield challenge when it came to memphis.
the guns we were shooting had been shot many thousends of rounds that week end.
they were very dirty. i had a couple of times the pistol was shooting lock up like you have discribed. it was very difficult to clear the jam.
like was said use the rear sight to put force on the slide or run a dowel rod (that will fit in side of the cart. case)down the barrel and push the case out of the chamber.
eather way it may take a lot of force.
if you can get the slide back a little you could also take a tool and release the extractor from the case and the slide will come back easyly.then field strip the gun and use a dowel to drive the case out of the barrel.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Somewhat what James just said,

Grab the slide with your left hand, left thumb toward you and your fingers grasping the right side of the slide. Use a strong grip.

Now with your right hand. Using a strong forward movement jam it forward , (this will engage the grip safety) and move the slide rearward with sufficient force.

This works with 1911's with a stuck case as well.
As always, use proper safety rules. either the case is a bad reload with damaged case, cracked case, etc.

This works on the firing line when you have to clear a jam and can't take it to a safe area. I use this for IPSCand Idpa when i have a stuck case.

Inspect you ejector as well after the case is out and make sure it isn't cracked, etc.

Let us know how it worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts