Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I wasted the gas on driving there.... This place still had WASR's on their website showing in stock for a little over $400. So I walk in and ask if they have any WASR's that I might look at. They hand me one, and I saw where the price had been somewhere in the six hundred range but had been written over. It was illegible so asked what the price was, they said $749!!

Half jokingly, I asked where the $400 WASR's were, and someone who worked there said that no one is making any more AK's, so the days of the $400 WASR is over. Now this may be true, but it's strange how this is the first time I've heard that no one is making/bringing in any more AK's, and it just so happens to coincide with a spike in demand due to political reasons. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I want an AK, but for $750 plus taxes and fees they can keep it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I can't believe I wasted the gas on driving there.... This place still had WASR's on their website showing in stock for a little over $400. So I walk in and ask if they have any WASR's that I might look at. They hand me one, and I saw where the price had been somewhere in the six hundred range but had been written over. It was illegible so asked what the price was, they said $749!!

Half jokingly, I asked where the $400 WASR's were, and someone who worked there said that no one is making any more AK's, so the days of the $400 WASR is over. Now this may be true, but it's strange how this is the first time I've heard that no one is making/bringing in any more AK's, and it just so happens to coincide with a spike in demand due to political reasons. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm glad I just bought the wasr 10 from my buddy- it makes the price I paid even that much better.... 750 is crazy.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I got the Dunham's flier here in Detroit for this week and they have two different WASR-10's listed. One just says that it's a double stack and the other doesn't have any other info but the prices are $280 and $400

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the Dunham's flier here in Detroit for this week and they have two different WASR-10's listed. One just says that it's a double stack and the other doesn't have any other info but the prices are $280 and $400
It seems some businesses will continue on with pricing they have now and maybe increase it slightly. Then others like the one I posted about are going to jack up the prices, which in my opinion is a very short sighted thing to do. Unfortunately I'm in California, and there really only appears to be one outlet for these AK's since the gun laws are so strict. Due to that I really don't have an alternative.

I'll keep an eye on the pricing, and I have a sneaking suspicion that prices will stabilize and come down again. If we do get hit with federal bans it's not something that's going to happen next week or anything.....

·
Banned
8,566 Posts

take a screen capture of the web site.

go up there demand the $400 wasr, they say no, then tell them you will call the attorney general and file a complaint.

they will still say no so call their bluff and get them in trouble, thats false advertising.

check out centerfire systems or atlantic they have new saigas in the 299-329 range.

Centerfire Systems - AK Firearms

AK 47 / 74 Rifles

i ordered my .223 saiga on friday, they said it ships out monday and should be here by thursday.

brand new ak no rebuid, no rust, no hack job.

$319

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dang. I almost have enough saved up for a wasr and now this crap. I'm waiting until the Obama hysteria dies down and then hopefully prices will go back down. It looks like guns shops and suppliers are hyping up fear about gun bans so they can raise prices. I'm not falling for that crap. I guess if the economy takes a dive, then prices arcoss the board will probably fall, so who really knows.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was lucky and got one of the last SAR-1's earlier this year. Hi-cap from the factory, magwell dimples, and a good finish, non canted gas block or sights. Out the door $500.00 with a steel 5 round hunting mag. I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
156 Posts

That's rediculous.... don't blame you at all for walking out empty handed. Crooks.:???:

·
Registered
4,957 Posts

That's BS! The guy is trying to hose you and take advantage of the current situation. We should be remembering these people who are gouging us right now and not patronize them in the future.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
That's BS! The guy is trying to hose you and take advantage of the current situation. We should be remembering these people who are gouging us right now and not patronize them in the future.
well demand has skyrocketed or the shelves wouldnt be empty, it seems a bit much, but if it is too much REALLY, not just what we would like it to be, it will sit ... then the owner will lower the price. If someone buys it, then it was a fair price.

if you keep raising price everyday, and people dont balk, then you raise them tommarrow and they buy as fast as you can stock the shelves its fair.

sounds like he did go a bit to far. As of just a few weeks ago i could go to dunhams and buy s double stack warsr for $379 plus sales tax.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
well demand has skyrocketed or the shelves wouldnt be empty, it seems a bit much, but if it is too much REALLY, not just what we would like it to be, it will sit ... then the owner will lower the price. If someone buys it, then it was a fair price.

if you keep raising price everyday, and people dont balk, then you raise them tommarrow and they buy as fast as you can stock the shelves its fair.

sounds like he did go a bit to far. As of just a few weeks ago i could go to dunhams and buy s double stack warsr for $379 plus sales tax.
A bit far??? Come on Bill, that's a huge understatement. :lol:

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
A bit far??? Come on Bill, that's a huge understatement. :lol:
well if he has any sense if no one is buying from and they are buying from the joint down the road, $$$ will change his mind. More units at lower price can be more profitable than 1 unit at high price.

this is sorta rare territory, they gotta put their feelers out to see what people will pay, to ease their nerves. Some people JUST GOTTA HAVE IT ... NOW!

If millions of buy buyers balk, prices will go down 20-30% like nothing .... butif millions buy at the inflated prices then they stay.

the system works.

I just pitty people who dont know better, $750 coulda bought you two wasrs last month. Especially sad if they had the money cash last month and gambled that obama wouldn't win. I was just afraid of change period, and frankly i gave mccain about a 2-3% chance of passing some BS gun legislation, where as Obama i give about a 90 % chance he will pass some wicked wicked bans on us. You cant win every bet, when you loose ya gotta pay.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Be sure and never go to that shop again, starve them out.
Remember the gougers, tell your friends.
It works.
Unfortunately I have had experiences like this with other gun shops in the area as long ago as 6 months ago. I don't think those other experiences had anything to do with political speculation, but more to do with greed and a very short sighted business plan.

I went to one local store in search of a streamlight to mount on my XD. They didn't have one in stock and said they would get back to me. I told them that I had found them online for around $95, but I wouldn't mind paying a *little* more to do business locally. When they called me back after looking it up, the price was $170 plus tax. They lost out on a sale.

More recently I was at another gun shop looking for cleaning supplies. I saw they had a Sig P226 P6 in the display case, so I asked to have a look. I was interested in getting one, and had done some research between the P6 and the normal civilian market P225. I was also aware that AIM Surplus and others were selling the P6 version for $259 or so. I asked the guy at the store what the price was, and he said $450! What a joke! I could get a civilian market used P225 with a better trigger, no import marks and probably with the finish in better shape for that price. If that store's price had been more fair I would have started the purchase process that day.

Unfortunately because of past experiences I walk into gun stores expecting to get jerked around by the people working there. It seems to be more the rule than the exception. That's why I do as much business as I can online- same product, cheaper prices, and no bulls***.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same thing is happening at the gunshows here in Houston. Seem the normal romanian ak are going for $580. A spike of about $120 from the last gunshow a month ago. Sad thing is that they seem to be selling.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The best deal in Houston is to contact RPG Arms in South Houston and get one of their 550 dollar AKMs. Hand made on an Elk River receiver and one of the better constructed AK variants you'll find.

Hell, these days, thats about what some gunstore here want for a Romanian with canted sights and a finish that looks like I spray painted it drunk in my garage at 3am.

Skip the gunshows and the sky high stores that are capitalizing on hype and grab an RPG Arms AK...if you get sick of looking at overpriced junk liek I did.

- Brickboy240

1 - 20 of 22 Posts