Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used my single stage RCBS press with RCBS Dies. They sure look good and uniform.
185 gr Nosler competition HP
7.6 gr Longshot
WW Large pistol primers
WW once fired brass
Velosity (estimate 950 fps.)
For you new reloaders you might want to check Longshot, it is very smooth through the powder measurer.
I shoot some of them tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I do like Longshot in the 357sig, 40 & 10mm for full power loads, but not for anything but +P loads in the 45acp. I can get 950fp & 1" @ 50ft groups using 5.4gr of WST under the 185grXTP & w/ less recoil. Just a thought.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I loaded a few the other day until I ran out of primers (I know... I know... I need to stock up.)

Mixed brass
Win LP primers
4.5gr Alliant American Select powder (My favorite 12ga target powder, works well in .45ACP too!)
230gr LRN Valiant bullets

I don't have a chronograph, so I don't have velocity info, but they shoot great, and it's just range fodder. :D

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I loaded a few the other day until I ran out of primers (I know... I know... I need to stock up.)
Mixed brass
Win LP primers
4.5gr Alliant American Select powder (My favorite 12ga target powder, works well in .45ACP too!)
230gr LRN Valiant bullets

I don't have a chronograph, so I don't have velocity info, but they shoot great, and it's just range fodder. :D
It's a reloading sin to run out of primers.:oops: I keep 5K LP & SP on hand at all times. When I get below that, order another 5K. That way, you never run out & when there are shortages, you are still shooting while other reloaders are scrounging & paying ridiculous prices for primers.;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah... I found out the hard way when O got elected... I need to do exactly what you're saying.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like Longshot in the 357sig, 40 & 10mm for full power loads, but not for anything but +P loads in the 45acp. I can get 950fp & 1" @ 50ft groups using 5.4gr of WST under the 185grXTP & w/ less recoil. Just a thought.
Fred, I have some WST, just havent used it that much. I bought it on your recommedation. One reason I like longshot too is because I load 12 ga shotgun and I can get some hunting loads that go 1400 fps and I can use it all the way from slugs, 00 Buck to size 7 1/2 bird shot. They are some of the best fiels loads I have ever shot.:D It's a slow night, so I thought I would stir the pos some.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I like my 200grn xtp with 6.2grns of 231 behind it! quite accurate in my xd45c

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
There are many good loads out there and every gun likes a different one.
I know, im just stating my .02 and current fav load for my .45. :)

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I'm with you, if you find a good load that shoots in your gun, there is no reason to change.:D
Although ive loaded for many years im fairly new to loading .45s and am still tinkering with different recipes, the current load is just the 1st load ive really tried well I lie.. ive used unique loads too .. just a bit on the dirty side for me. I will be delving into more recipes soon! as for the current load I can stand at 15 paces approx 45 ft and put 5 shots in about a silver dollar goup... to me thats good enough for me so I called it good and not really messed too much. (why tinker with a good thing)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts