Springfield XD Forum banner

Loaded Chamber Indicator

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Breadfan 
#1 ·
I have a XD 45 tactical that I have fired at least 500 rounds through. The loaded chamber indicator is slightly sticking up when the chamber is empty. Has anybody else had this problem. It shoots fine. Bill

#3 ·
I've never had a problem like that, and have a few thousand rounds through my xd40. You might try and see if youve got some carbon build up on the chamber indicator. If its sticky in there that might cause it to stick in place. Can you push it back down in place? Or is it permanatly stuck up?

#7 ·
I know for a fact my gun isn't dirty and I've seen brand new guns in the box have this same problem. Are you guys looking at your guns when responding? I'm willing to bet that most of them are like this because most of the ones I've seen are like this. It's a VERY small difference, like I said before it's about the height of a piece of paper.

#8 ·
Problem? IMO the loaded chamber indicator is a tactile redundant feedback indicator, nothing more. If you can't run your finger or thumb across it and tell if a round is in or not, it is broken. If it just "sticks up" a little "to your eye" you are not using it correctly. ;)

#9 ·
just spray some break cleaner or gunscrubber in there. if that doesnt fix it you will have to take it apart. when i took mine apart i lightly sanded it and then polushed it. by sanding it you make it a little smaller which will allow more gunk to build up before it gets stuck, and polishing helps reduce friction which will also help keep it from sticking.

but the spray should fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.