Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run about 600 rounds through my LnL using Winchester small pistol primers. The last primer in the tube always falls into the primer cup sideways and jams the mechanism. Sometimes others turn sideways as well but the last primer is very consistent.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and figured out how to fix it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have you tried to adjust the guide rod that the plastic wheel runs on? I moved mine back a little because it wouldn't pick off each primer cleanly. I've run 400 rounds since and no issues.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at the guide rod but I'm not sure quite what to do with it. I think I'll give Hornady a call in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
It's a common quirk to the LNLAP.

The fix is to to go to Home Depot or a hobby store and get a small dowel. The dowel rides on top of the primer stack and keeps the last primer from flipping. (Also you can mark it so you can tell when you are getting low.)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a common quirk to the LNLAP.

The fix is to to go to Home Depot or a hobby store and get a small dowel. The dowel rides on top of the primer stack and keeps the last primer from flipping. (Also you can mark it so you can tell when you are getting low.)
Thanks foo.c. I think your idea is a keeper. I'll be in town tomorrow and will pick up a dowel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts