Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to use the search but didn't find anything.

What is that little red plastic piece that comes in the case with a new XD?

It looks like some sort of clip for something.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
if its the thing im thinking of it is to put in the chamer and close the slide on it to show that the gun is empty, with it in you cannot load a sound in the chamber and a person can see that from a distance without having to check.

ive never used mine. pretty much pointless IMO i dont even know what happened to them i havnt seen them since i bought the gun

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Mine came 'in' the gun when it was new in the box. It was just shipped that way. I doubt they intended on people keeping them to reuse. That is what the cable lock is for. Just chuck it dude.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
As Sourpatch45 stated,
It shows the gun has an empty chamber at a glance without handling the pistol.
I always keep everything that comes with a new firearm, but I'm just weird that way..:rolleyes::roll::mrgreen:
I've never used the cable locks on any of my firearms, but I still have them all.

·
Registered
485 Posts
if its the thing im thinking of it is to put in the chamer and close the slide on it to show that the gun is empty, with it in you cannot load a sound in the chamber and a person can see that from a distance without having to check.

ive never used mine. pretty much pointless IMO i dont even know what happened to them i havnt seen them since i bought the gun
I like to keep a BANG in mine!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That makes sense now. I didn't realize it because in Maryland they make us put a twist-lock thingy on it to leave the store, so they must've taken it out.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That makes sense now. I didn't realize it because in Maryland they make us put a twist-lock thingy on it to leave the store, so they must've taken it out.

Thanks guys.
Throw away the red flag. Then move to VA, you can put a bullet in there and carry it around.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
855 Posts
As Sourpatch45 stated,
It shows the gun has an empty chamber at a glance without handling the pistol.
I always keep everything that comes with a new firearm, but I'm just weird that way..:rolleyes::roll::mrgreen:
I've never used the cable locks on any of my firearms, but I still have them all.

+1. I keep everything that comes with new guns except for the plastic bags the guns and mags are in. I have to use a rope lock but I have a nice little collection of them now!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I feel left out. Two XD's and no "red thingie". Did get one with my Sig Mosquito. Only came in handy when I traded it; put it back in place and the shop thought it had never been fired...I know; not to bright!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
What kinds of situations would a range require it? During a cease fire? I haven't been to many different ranges, so I really don't know. Thanks
Some ranges require a visible 'flag' of some type in the chamber that keeps the chamber open during cease fires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts