Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating between an XD SC 9 and a Glock 26. I was going to go .40 cal but my other XD is a 9 and I'm sure we will soon see ammo going through the roof, so I think I'll stay with 9mm for right now. I'm taking my carry class in 2 weeks, so after that this weapon will be my primary carry option. I've held the Glock 26 and Glock 30, but the 26 seems a bit small to me and the dimensions are smaller than that of the XDSC. The 30 on the other hand was the perfect size, but wrong caliber. I have yet to find a store around town that even has the xdsc, so I haven't held one yet let alone been able to fire one. I love my xd9 that I have and wouldn't mind adding a sc to the family, but I'm just not sure yet any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
My XD9sc is my favorite pistol hands down. For me it fits perfect in my hand, is easy to shoot, and has functioned flawlessly for over 2,000 rounds. Never tried the Glocks you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
keep in mind your asking on an XD forum. but i would go with the XDsc just because glucks dont fit right in my hand,correctly. if you already own an XD9 should just get another XD since you are already familiar with the platform.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just sold my G26 so I could get an XD9sc, and I like the XD better. It is a little larger than the Glock, but not so much that I can't still pocket carry (and use the same holster), and it just feels better overall for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Going through the same thing right now.

I own 2 XDs, and wanted to stick with the family and get an XD-9SC. And let me tell you I can't stand Glock. However, the XD just didn't feel right in my hand (although in the XD's defense, Pearce grip extensions may change my outlook on that if I could find one to hold) , and seemed to be extremely bulky. Held the G26 and it felt a lot better. Not the best, but better than the XD.

Anyways, I'm still on the fence personally for a CCW 9mm. Looking really hard at the Kahr CW series rigt now. Good price (Under $400) and smaller size.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I looked at the G26, G27, XD9SC and XD40SC, the xds felt better in my hand than the blocks i mean glocks. I have friends that are glock guys and like the xd ergonomics better than the glock.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
First, I think it is wise that you are sticking with 9mm since that is what you have. Cheaper ammo = more practice = a better shooter. :)

I would definitely take the XD9SC over the 26, but that is just because I prefer XDs over the Glocks for many reasons. They are both great weapons. If you are happy with your current XD, then I see no reason not to get the SC.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Used or new? That price seems pretty low.
New. Quantico MCB has NIB Kahr CW9 and CW45 for sale. The CW9 was $399, don't recall the CW45 price.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
I love my XD9SC but Im considering selling it. Let me know what you do. I have 5 mags, including 3 short mags with pearce extensions. TruGlo TFO sights yellow/green and ammo, plus all original accessories. Ill probably list it on here soon. Trying to finish an AR.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Really a personal decision based on what feels right in your hand and runs to suit you. Personally tried glocks before buying the 1st XD. XD was hands down better concerning grip and shooting accuracy to me. You gotta decide for yourself since we are all pretty prejudiced around here. Bet if you compare the two you will be a new XD owner. Just bought the XD9sc and shoots as good (probably better) than the .40 svc. Good luck in making your decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts