Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start a thread for all the people that want to find the best holster for there gun. So list what holster you have , and for what XD model its for , and why you like it so much. And maybe a web page where they can find the holsters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread... I would love to find a nice holster for my XDM-9MM. The plastic one is ok, but any better suggestions would be accepted. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
XD40SC & XD40 Service in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. Very comfortable. Almost disappears when I put it on.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
For my .45 service XD, I like my Don Hume IWB for concealed, and I use my Blackhawk for USPSA.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Safepacker by Wilderness Tactical is quickly becoming my favorite holster. An XDTalk member wrote an extensive review here that greatly influenced my decision to purchase. Go read it. Thank you Stu, wherever you are. I wear it generally with the Packer Backer which makes it super comfortable even compared to my chosen more-traditional OWB holster (Blackhawk CQC Level 2 Serpa). The more I use my Safepacker the more I appreciate it's versatility. I can carry an XDM and a spare magazine in a Gov't sized model comfortably. Nathan at the Concealed Carry Forum also wrote an thorough review of the Safepacker here.

It may not be for everyone. Most folks seem to really love IWB but try as I might I can't seem to make myself prefer one. I would still like to try a Smart Carry and a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig soon too.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Crossbreed Supertuck for all but planning on trying KD Defender.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Finally a post I'll carefully watch. I have a Fobus paddle holster for my Ruger and it works, but I'm not sure if I like the plastic holster. I was hoping to find a Blackhawk Serpa for my P95, but they don't make one. (I emailed and they confirmed it. Maybe someone has one that works for them?? Please let me know.) From what I've seen I like the retention and the option of a paddle or belt.

I have an XD9sc that I want to carry concealed in the winter, but not sure what holster to get. I'm considering the Blackhawk for OWB carry, but I like the looks of the Supertuck. I'm a big guy, 6', 270 and just a little cautious if the supertuck will work. My jeans are a little big so I wear a tight belt and try to keep them up. Maybe the Supertuck will help snug up the slack.

I guess I need to go to someplace that sells both and try them out. I don't want to spend the money to find out they're not comfortable, or can't be concealed because of my size.

Has anyone used either the Blackhawk Serpa or the Supertuck for a winter carry inside a coat pocket? I wear my Carhartt coat a lot in the winter and it has inside pockets. I was looking for a holster that will fit on the left inside pocket for a right hand draw. Just looking for opinions before I commit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
For CCW - MTAC/CTAC

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
For IWB carry...1911...Tucker 'fully lined' Cover Up

For OWB concealed carry...1911...FIST #8

For OWB open (at the ranch/hunting) carry...1911 (again)...Blackhawk Serpa.

I have a FIST #8 for my HS2000, but rarely carry it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
for a while, my one and only holster was a supertuck...it's good, and conceals well, but never really worked for me and my belt(s). in frustration, i bought a gun-works iwb...i like both holsters, and they both serve different purposes (despite both being iwb, the gun-works in not tuckable), but the supertuck now sits in my dresser for the most part.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts