Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the front sight on my MP15 with a YHM flip up front sight. After getting everything tightened down I realized it isnt lined up properly. Before, if I used both iron sights with the eotech in the middle, everything lined up perfectly. Right now it's off enough that it barely touches the center dot in the reticle now. The person who installed it stripped out the cheap strange size screws that hold it in. Should I try and get it off and line it up properly or just zero everything?

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Barely off in which direction? The front sight was changed, you'll need to re sight your irons.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, what I'm trying to say is before I switched anything out, the eotech, the rear sight, and the front sight were all in line with each other. I was going to sight it in just by lining up all three again. It seems to have worked as I finally managed to loosen the bolts enough to turn it, but I'll be trying to perfect the adjustments to all 3 next time I go to the range. I've modified it but actually havent shot it since the day I bought it.....months ago.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, well I bought it used. When I first shot it it was accurate at about...75 yards. Didnt shoot it further but I wont be surprised if it's sighted fairly close to what I need already. So it's always been at least close enough for me to not worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts