Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been lurking for a while, and am ready to purchase a 9mm - either a Glock 17 or XDM. My question relates to the fact that I often hear of problems with the Glock when held with anything other than a firm grip, i.e., the classic limp wristing.

Is there a similar problem with the XDs? We all know how to hold a pistol properly, and why it happens - but under stress, it just might not get gripped as we'd like it! I've been through some intense training with 1911s, and have never had what could be termed a limp wristing problem - even with rapid & less than textbook grips. (Perhaps d/t the fact I'm 6'5", 280 lbs, and have a grip that goes off scale on a grip meter???:)

Any & all feedback greatly appreciated.

jm

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It is possible to "limp wrist" any semi-auto. It is less likely with a 1911 due to the weight of the pistol. If you get a proper grip, you will never have a problem. I had my dominant wrist reconstructed. I have never had a limp wristing problem with any pistol. I grab a pistol the same way every time. Stress or not, your muscle memory should automatically go to the same grip. The problem is most prevelant with new shooters, women, compact and polymer pistols. If you do your part, it will never be an issue.

ranburr

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Although I have no data to support my observations, my sense is that it happens more to Glock. My hypothesis is that either there is a weight or rotational difference that makes Glock more succeptible. But that's just a theory,,,,,,,rum driven.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oddly enough I limp wristed me XD-45 TAC today. It was really odd, I thought it was a ammo problem at first. It turns out I was being a girl with it. My Glock 17 has never had a problem... ever. If I had to pick one handgun and one long gun, it would be a Glock and an AK-47. They will never let you down ever. Sorry XD fanatics.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Oddly enough I limp wristed me XD-45 TAC today. It was really odd, I thought it was a ammo problem at first. It turns out I was being a girl with it. My Glock 17 has never had a problem... ever. If I had to pick one handgun and one long gun, it would be a Glock and an AK-47. They will never let you down ever. Sorry XD fanatics.
I saw a 17 do exactly this today. And it is not the gun's fault. The guy was unnerved by the gun and was trying to shoot it strong hand only.

I guess the issue is, that I don't see inexperienced shooters shooting XDs,,,,not because they don't, they just don't shoot where I am.

If only one long, one short gun, I would pick an XD and an AR 10 carbine. I guess we're just different, Glockophile.

I said hypothesis.....

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I limp wristed my XDm 40 3 times making the last bullet not feed right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
"Limp Wristing", it just sounds sooo wrong.....:?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts