Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my XD Tactical is back from R&R (repair and refinish) I want to get a new holster to compete in the USPSA limited 10 division. I'm looking for a skeletonized holster like the Safariland competition version, but none that I've seen lists the XD as fitment option. I already own various kydex models, but they all ride too close to my body for USPSA shooting.

Does anyone know if the XD's trigger guard dimensions are similar to any of the Glock's so I could use one of them? There seems to be a never-ending lists of options for them, but few for the XD.

d

·
Registered
24 Posts
All I have ever used for L10 is a Blade Tech.

I have read about people dropping their guns from the Hogue.I'm not sure if they were not properly adjusted or if it was just that they weren't paying attention while they were reholstering.

Any good quality Kydex type holster is going to be fast.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeah, you may save a few tenths, maybe a quarter going from kydex to a race rig.

Something you can look into is a blade-tech, get a drop & offset attachment, if that doesn't get it away from your body enough, you could look into some type of longer screws and using spacers like some small alumium tubes or just a pile of washers.

For production as a fairly hefty guy myself, the D&O attachment is plenty enough offset for me.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have one of the Hogue holsters that I use for Lim 10. It is a nice holster that has a ton of adjustments.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
As a C class almost B Class Limited-10 shooter I'm still using my XD-Gear holster. I picked up a second one that I am going to make a belt loop for and cut most of the front out of to make it a little faster. When I start try to get my A then maybe I will try a race rig.

mcb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts