Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Mine is old school full dress sissy. If only I had bought the raspberry colored one.

Live and learn brother. Live and learn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought the LC9s in July, it is my every day carry. I guess I'm a sissy-boy too, a lot of advantages to all that stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the LC9s in July, it is my every day carry. I guess I'm a sissy-boy too, a lot of advantages to all that stuff.
There's a lot of sissies getting their little oversensitive panties in a bunch...

:lol: ;)

OK, so, tell me the advantage to the magazine disconnect.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well then, I suppose that the kettle has been calling the pot black all along, then. :D

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I don't see the need for the mag safety although it does serve a purpose. But I like the thumb safety and have learned to like the loaded chamber indicator. So as my friend Dev James would say....suck it. :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
No problem here and not sensitive over opinions, I just like the way mine is setup. I can understand why LE would not want a magazine disconnect and a manual safety, but I'm not current LE.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personal opinion here, so take it with $.02 worth of salt... Is that how the saying goes? No? Screw it...

Considering that the magazine is the most likely component in an autopistol to be damaged, ejected, or otherwise rendered unable to do its job of feeding ammunition to the pistol, I view magazine disconnects to be a liability, rather than a benefit. Have a magazine that's been barely bumped out of it's locked position because you were traveling in a car? Hope you don't need it in a gunfight! I've had my magazine partially ejected from my XD45c, but thankfully it doesn't have a magazine disconnect and I didn't need it for self-defense prior to noticing the problem.

The manual safety can and does have a viable use, and some will not use a pistol that lacks it. Hopefully those with safety-equipped pistols train in ensuring the safety is off when it needs to be so they don't wind up in a situation wondering why the pistol isn't firing it when they need it to.

Every pistol has shortcomings that need to be evaluated, and the shooter must train to ensure these shortcomings don't get them killed. Hopefully we are all making the right choices for our individual needs and train appropriately.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
A manual safety on something that requires a legit pull on the trigger is meh to me but I'm not every other shooter.

You can still shoot yourself with a manual safety if you practice poor form and breathe from your mouth.

Imwith Jon on the disconnect though. That is a hinderance and I don't own any guns with one and would prefer not to.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Personal opinion here, so take it with $.02 worth of salt... Is that how the saying goes? No? Screw it...

Considering that the magazine is the most likely component in an autopistol to be damaged, ejected, or otherwise rendered unable to do its job of feeding ammunition to the pistol, I view magazine disconnects to be a liability, rather than a benefit. Have a magazine that's been barely bumped out of it's locked position because you were traveling in a car? Hope you don't need it in a gunfight! I've had my magazine partially ejected from my XD45c, but thankfully it doesn't have a magazine disconnect and I didn't need it for self-defense prior to noticing the problem.

The manual safety can and does have a viable use, and some will not use a pistol that lacks it. Hopefully those with safety-equipped pistols train in ensuring the safety is off when it needs to be so they don't wind up in a situation wondering why the pistol isn't firing it when they need it to.

Every pistol has shortcomings that need to be evaluated, and the shooter must train to ensure these shortcomings don't get them killed. Hopefully we are all making the right choices for our individual needs and train appropriately.

I agree with all of that, but like Nathan always says, I am a hypocrite. Here is how to know he is right. I prefer for my guns to have a manual safety but I carry an LCP as much or more than any gun I own. No manual safety. Although I see the reason behind the mag safety, I don't like them. But until recently if I wasn't carrying my LCP then I was carrying a LC9, which has a mag safety. So Nathan. You are correct. :lol:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I'm a lil slow... There's a 'Pro' version of the LC9s? I am looking for one...

Found it - Ruger Firearms News
Gallery of Guns has them. Picked mine up Thursday. Haven't shot it yet, sold my LC9 and bought a LC9s before the Pro came out. I had to have one, put a Lasermax on the LC9s for low light carry. Can't have enough options---I'm new gun poor!

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I tried to sell my old school LC9. Put it on armslist pretty cheap. Never got a single offer. Not even a crazy low ball. Guess I'm keeping it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts