Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my CCW class on Saturday. Supposed to be a high of 65 and sunny for the outdoor range time.

I am anticipating not being able to sleep with all the excitement of being able to be a legally armed citizen in the state of OH! (pending passage of class, turning in of paperwork, and approval by the sheriffs office of course :D)

But hey, that doesn't mean I can't be excited right!?

Done rambling.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Congrats and I would be the same way!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Class? Here in PA all I had to do is goto the courthouse, give them $25 to run a background check, and smile for the camera!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Class? Here in PA all I had to do is goto the courthouse, give them $25 to run a background check, and smile for the camera!
That is pretty cool, but I personally, think everybody should have to take a class!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, in the state of Ohio you must take, pass, and have a certificate from a certified NRA instructor from a class that meets the minimum requirements of the state law for the CCW permit. I don't like the idea of having to pay $100 to exercise my right to defend myself and carry a weapon. However, I like the idea, very much, that you have to make an informed and educated attempt at being able to have the responsibility of ending someones life in a matter of self defense. It forces people to really have to want to do it which I appreciate I guess.

Oh, and thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
608 Posts
cool have fun.. had my class this past weekend (FL) ..it was real informal, the NRA Instructor had a group of us over his house. we sat at his dining room table and filled out the application and went over everything then went into his yard and shot a little... and by little I mean 3 rounds each with a .22 revolver from about 7 feet lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts