Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a method to get a lighter trigger pull on the XD's?
I tried the search but it was inconclusive.

Something like on the glocks where you can put in a 3.5lb connector?

preferably something that would both reduce the trigger effort and pull length would be awesome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check out the thread on the Bar-Sto trigger, which is also in this forum. Other than that (not finished yet), it's something a gunsmith would have to do. There are lots of threads here about that, most are done by Rich at Canyon Creek, who by all accounts does a most excellent trigger job on the XD!

Scott

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ScottQ said:
Check out the thread on the Bar-Sto trigger, which is also in this forum. Other than that (not finished yet), it's something a gunsmith would have to do. There are lots of threads here about that, most are done by Rich at Canyon Creek, who by all accounts does a most excellent trigger job on the XD!

Scott
What does rich charge on average?

·
Registered
77 Posts
what about the XD manual that says adjusting the trigger pull could cause an accidental discharge? How would that happen? Im very curious, not trying to mix things up or anything.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here is Rich's price list link at Canyon Creek.

http://www.canyon-creek.com/xd.htm

Accidental discharges are a result of improper trigger discipline. Keep your finger OFF the trigger until ready to fire and you will not have an AD.

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I sent my 9mm Service Model to SA for their competition action job and I love it. Trigger pull is at 3 lbs., take-up was reduced to minimum as was overtravel. An overtravel adjustment screw is included in the job. The sear was stoned and polished as well as several of the other internals and the feed ramp was polished. Took 3 weeks flat and cost me $200 including shipping. Worth every penny!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I can't even start to say enough nice things about the trigger job I got on my new XD9 tac. I sent it to Canyon Creek and had it back in about week. While the XD has one of the nicest factory triggers you will find, it is a night and day difference between the stock trigger and one that has had some work. Especially if you have Rich do the work. The CC trigger job cost $125 and would only be recomended on a competition only gun. I wouldn't carry a gun with a trigger this light.

My buddy and I were out doing a little practice at the range yesterday. We decided to trade guns for a few shots. I shot his stock Glock 34 and he shot my custom XD9. I warned him that the trigger pull is pretty light. He is used to his Glock which has a lot of creep to take up when you are drawing. He had his best draw time of the day but that was mostly because he wasn't expecting my gun to go off when it did. Lucky for him he still hit the target or I would have jokingly told him he was DQed from our practice session. :shock: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts