Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shot my brand new xds45 3.3" last couple of weekends. 250 rounds in total. 200 rounds with Winchester 230gr FMJ .45 and 50 rounds with Magtech 230gr.

My first weekend I had about 5 rounds out of 100 that were light strikes. Didn't think anything of it because I had not fired the weapon for about 9 months after purchasing it brand new.

Over this past weekend I had about another 5, with 1 of these being the Magtech brand.

For each occurrence I re-chambered the bullet and was able to fire it. The light strike occurs anywhere within the 6 rounds of the extended mag.

Took a couple of pics. What is interesting is the location of the strikes. Are they supposed to be centered?

Any suggestions? This is very concerning since this is my concealed carry.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Off center Strike would seem to indicate the gun wasn't fully in battery.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Is it carried a lot and seldom cleaned? Assuming you haven't fired it in 9 months, I imagine cleaning was sparce.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carried 2-3 days a week. Didn't clean it for 8months after I bought it. But never fired it. Fired it and then cleaned it and it still has light strikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What do the primers look like on the successfully fired rounds?

Both my XDS45's have a slight off-center striker hit, but not that extreme. Are you lubing the slide rails at all after cleaning? Brand new, the rails can be pretty tight until you have a higher round count.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had the same problem and it was due to the slide not going fully in the battery. I contacted Springfield Armory and they said during break in it was very important to lubricate it properly. I wish I still had the email, but basically it said to add a drop of oil to the top of the barrel hood and the top of the barrel itself where it contacts the inside end of the slide. They also said to lubricate the slide rails.
As long as I did that, I never had a problem with light strikes.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Here are the lube points I was talking about (as demonstrated on a Mod 2):

I just scanned through another thread and some people mentioned getting a new recoil spring assembly from SA and that fixed the FTRTB issue, if that is indeed the cause of your light strikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the same problem and it was due to the slide not going fully in the battery. I contacted Springfield Armory and they said during break in it was very important to lubricate it properly. I wish I still had the email, but basically it said to add a drop of oil to the top of the barrel hood and the top of the barrel itself where it contacts the inside end of the slide. They also said to lubricate the slide rails.
As long as I did that, I never had a problem with light strikes.

A lot better at the range today after the last cleaning. 2 out of 60 rounds. But I did use different ammo (Sig Sauer 45 ammo)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts