Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took my AK to the range and fired 4 30rd mags, I had two FTF caused by light strike on the primers, using Hotshot ammo, and one failure to eject in which the butt of the case was caught by the bolt. Also, accuracy was very, very poor.

Is it my AK, or is it the ammo? What are the reasons for a light strike?

Edit: All mags were new, and never used before.

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts
"Stove Pipes" happen, when the bolt comes back and catches the neck of the brass as it ejects. These can simply be brushed off and the bolt will carry forward. The other FTF's may possibly be some bad ammo.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Yesterday I took my AK to the range and fired 4 30rd mags, I had two FTF caused by light strike on the primers, using Hotshot ammo, and one failure to eject in which the butt of the case was caught by the bolt. Also, accuracy was very, very poor.

Is it my AK, or is it the ammo? What are the reasons for a light strike?

Edit: All mags were new, and never used before.

Accuracy is probably more of you and some of the ammo. Hotshot is just a cheaper Wolf ammo. It will cause all that you listed above. Clean the firing pin channel, even if thats all you ever clean.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
You don't have to remove it, shoot it full of cleaner and work it back and forth realyy fast, repeat a few times. Then give it a couple of drops of oil...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts