Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, it is a Taurus Judge. Now that you are done laughing. I took it in on a multi gun trade and I admit, I love shooting it. The problem is that I occasionally have a light strike that does not set off the round. I have had it happen with two different kinds of ammo. I have a buddy that has one and has the same problem with his. In both cases it only happens occasionally. Any ideas what would cause that other than it being a Taurus Judge?

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
No, I think you've pretty much got it nailed.

Could be a weak spring, or a slightly short firing pin...I know it was the latter in my 329 when it had issues with misfires.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Could have been "gunsmithed" and the main spring weakened. Or a lot of people like to spay oils in the hammer area and over years can build up like a sludge, all it takes is a little resistance.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Jed i'd call Taurus ... The Judge is a great gun i'm sure a spring is just getting a little worn out or like James said there could be a little buildup. Taurus should get it right.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Taurus.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok I'm done.

Seriously, though, I did shoot a judge for a few rounds. Killed a snake with it. The spread was so wide I had to be uncomfortable close.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Taurus has excellent customer service. Contact them and they will make it right.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I shoot stuff with it primarily using 000 buck and it is FUN! Yesterday or day before I murdered some Gatorade jugs and a CoffeeMate container. What can I say. I am a 51 year old child.

·
Administrator
22,442 Posts
Is it clean?

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it clean?
Yes. I believe so. But tomorrow I have a pretty light schedule and I intend to take it apart and clean it really well. I have read where some people have snipped 1/2 coil from one of the springs but I am not real hip on snipping off springs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Earlier this year I sold my Taurus 92 and last month I bought a Beretta 92A1 (the real thing). I couldn't hit a damn thing with the Taurus and it's my belief that they're DEported from Brazil. Is "it's a Taurus" not enough of a reason? I know some people are quite happy with their Taurus. I'm wasn't one of them. I think what I hated most was it was a Taurus.

I have quite a bit of revolver experience. I never had a light strike. Of course, I never had a Taurus revolver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts