Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very infrequent but it has happened, I'll pull the trigger on a live round and it's a dud. Seems to happen with the Remington UMC (green and white box) Value Paks sold at WalMart and other places. My question is it a faulty cartridge or could there be a problem with my XD40? As I said, it not a common occurance - maybe one out of a 100 rounds - but it does have me a lttle concerned. If I try firing the same round a second time (eject and reload), it goes bang.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
22,487 Posts
i was havin this problem last summer with the UMC brand , a saved all my bad rounds ,so when the remington rep was atthe local store doin his big remington promo last winter i took them to him and ask about it , he gave me a service 800 number to call , thye told me send them in for testing, well 2 eeks later the mail man brings a coupon for 25 bucks off any rem ammo purchase the test results were in there too , seems they have a mix problem with the primers and they arent sure why ,

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shaner said:
i was havin this problem last summer with the UMC brand , a saved all my bad rounds ,so when the remington rep was atthe local store doin his big remington promo last winter i took them to him and ask about it , he gave me a service 800 number to call , thye told me send them in for testing, well 2 eeks later the mail man brings a coupon for 25 bucks off any rem ammo purchase the test results were in there too , seems they have a mix problem with the primers and they arent sure why ,
Thanks. Better it be the ammo than the gun. I have more reliable ammo for carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts