Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there handgun mounts for lights like the Surefire Defender? I have a buddy (REALLY I DO) who asked me this question and I could not deliver an answer right away. Any makers?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes I have a light mount I picked up at a gun show, the mount slides on the rail I use a surefire G-2 IT slides into the mount . Sorry I dont have the name of the mount, You can find them a most gun shows.-----Thank's.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Not knowing how the the handle is, it looks like a similar mount (below) will work with the SureFire Defender. This is solution is less than $10 and very rigid. I am OK with it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Old School,

Is that an actual light mount in the photo? I could be wrong but that almost looks like a rifle scope ring mount. If it is I would have never thought to use something like that...then again, I may be way off on this. Ask my wife, its been known to happen... :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
That is indeed a 1" scope ring. It has a knob allowing you to quickly mount and tighten as required. It works great and is very rigid. It doesn't look as good a true "weapon mount", but that is what compromises are all about.

Old School

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would assume these are probably Weaver-mount rings? I just looked at some of these in the latest Leupold catalog yesterday. A lot of manufacturers make "quick release" type mounts that might fit the XD's rail. Best part is, these are way cheaper than any dedicated light mount and readily available. Personally, I wouldn't get overly concerned about the look, especially if its saving me a lot of cash and I can use my existing Surefire lights. Great suggestion!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
The DigiLight is consistant with other lights of similar size (and battery type). I contacted DigiLight amout their mounts, to see if i-SHOT has access to them. If they do, I do too. :)

As for the scope mount, they are the weaver-style, specifically Tasco 791DSC.

Old School

·
Registered
224 Posts
I sent Digilight and email earlier asking them about compatibility with Surefire lights. Here is the response I got back:

Thank you for your interest in DigiLight products. The TDI-Arms mounts are marketed as being able to fit any light that is 1” in diameter. Our lights we recommend for this mount range from 0.95” to 1.05” in diameter and they fit perfectly. I would imagine that most Surefire lights will fit easily. TDI-Arms also makes another version of this mount that fits lights that are 0.75” in diameter.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Wow that looks real good doesn't it?

So oldschool... now that i've ordered the digilight, do you know for sure if you can get this mount? If i do decide to get it, i'd much rather give you the business than buy direct online from digilight. I'm sure alot of the people who picked up the digilight would be interested in this item as well.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Old School said:
I have been working on this for a week or so. I should have some news shortly.

Cool... i' guess i'll be watchin this thread for an update.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts