Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the XDS-4.0 .45 out today for a little practice. On 2 separate occasions (with 2 different mags), I inserted a full magazine of Win hardball, racked the slide, aimed, and pulled the trigger. CLICK!
Racked the slide, unfired round popped out, released slide which fed a fresh round in the chamber and, pulled trigger and BANG. Remainder of rounds fired fine.
The round(s) that didn`t fire had a lite hit on the primer. Now, I`m not real comfortable about carrying this pistol....
There are approximately 500 rds thru this XDS with only a few malfunctions-and they were caused by my reloaded SWC rounds that were too long.
Any idea about the light hits? It only happened on the first round-anyone else have this problem? Or do I need to call Springfield?
Thanks,
7shooter

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
no worries. an occasional light strike is not uncommon esp. in pistols as small as the XDs.

Try a different ammo. I recommend Blazer. Also if you can run a few mags full of premium defense rounds and see if you can recreate the light primer strikes. I'm sure all is well !

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
sometimes that happens becasue the case is a n'th short or long and it's not getting the full force of the striker.

or

your striker channel is all goobered up and needs cleaning.
good point Knight , I used to clean my striker with a qtip. It won't hurt but i'm sure it's just crap ammo that caused the LPS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I took the striker assembly out and cleaned it well.
There was a little bit of gunk, but not much. Test fired with one round after cleaning and it was fine. We`ll see what happens......
Also, I goofed-the factory ammo I was using was Remington 230 gr FMJ, not Winchester.
7shooter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue with my 3.3 45 right after I got it, around 5 out of 100 failure to fire due to light strike to the primer. I sent it back to Springfield and there resolution was to recut the slide. I'm taking it to the range to ensure that resolved the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts