Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HS2000 doesn't always chamber the bullet. Sometimes the gun jams or the slide locks back without the mag being empty.

I tried the previous suggestions for this problem. Does anyone have a fresh idea in regards to my problem? Approx. 3500 rounds with the two mags.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
hmm, your thumb hitting the slide lock or otherwise interfering with the cycling of the gun during a course of fire perhaps? DO you hold in the now politically correct and popular thumbs high grip or in the older thumbs locked down grip? I use thumbs locked down and never had a problem. Seriously, pay attention if your grip is causing you to interfere with the guns cycling, I understand that this is a very common problem. XD mags should not be the problem unless you modified them somehow. How old is your recoil spring assembly? SA advisess replacement every 2000 rounds for combat reliability.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a thumbs forward grip like the competition shooters. I will pay attention to my grip the next time I'm at the range. My recoil spring hasn't been replaced during the entire time I've owned the gun (approx. 3,500K shots down range).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts