Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and again when i take the slide off the handle it scratches the finish on the slide of my XD 40 can any one give me some feed back on why this is happining? Is this only happening to me?

·
Registered
77 Posts
You have to make sure when you are pulling the slide off with your left hand (assuming you are right handed) that you don't push the lever down while you grip the slide. If you do, the lever will be pushed into the side of the slide. If you look closely at the lever by looking down the side of the gun, it has a notch that sticks out at a 90 degree angle from the lever itself; that will cut right into the metal if you aren't careful.

Just try and only grab the slide were the front sight is. That way you can always be sure the lever is fully erect and not being pushed down by your palm.

All of the above is assuming you don't have a bent lever that ALWAYS cuts the metal no matter what.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Always good to know that someone uses his/her firearm on a regular basis... hope you get what I mean. Some LEO's have excellent firearms to buy second hand--great condition... I know in PA in some areas some LEO's only use their guns arms for qualifications... making the the average target shooter a better marksman. Sorry to say it but its true. My life depends on my firearm and I shoot at least twice a week... if not I am depressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts