Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2434 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started this thread a long time ago. It's good to see some good pics here. Photography has become as enjoyable as shooting my XDs. I need to get some new ones up here. I have almost as much invested into my camera gear as my firearms now! Keep them coming.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
dont have one yet, but when it comes out in 9mm i will.

nice piece btw.

Reactions: jeffer

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Here's a couple of mine.
what is that on your grips, and what kind??? do they make it in black?

i have the houges for glocks on my SC and i had to trim them to fit. looks like ass,those look much nicer.

·
Registered
466 Posts
what is that on your grips, and what kind??? do they make it in black?

i have the houges for glocks on my SC and i had to trim them to fit. looks like ass,those look much nicer.
It's skateboard grip tape from Dick's Sporting Goods and they make it in a ton of colors. It's 5 bucks a sheet and you can do about 30 or so out of it. You just need to clean the grip with alcohol before you apply it. It took a little experimenting to get the pattern right, but it's cheap, grips increadable and sticks really well. Once you get your pattern down just take the ones that were on the gun and trace out your next set.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
It's skateboard grip tape from Dick's Sporting Goods and they make it in a ton of colors. It's 5 bucks a sheet and you can do about 30 or so out of it. You just need to clean the grip with alcohol before you apply it. It took a little experimenting to get the pattern right, but it's cheap, grips increadable and sticks really well. Once you get your pattern down just take the ones that were on the gun and trace out your next set.
you are a crafty man, i must say!!!!

thanks for the idea!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am a 45 acp but have intrest in the 40 xdm I wonder till it is in sub size is a 4.5" to much, to long to carry ? I carry a sub xd 9mm now and a Kahr 9mm . I love a 45 its just heavy to carry. The 40 is a good cal and a good shooter good groups. Is it a carry gun size?

Jon

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I am a 45 acp but have intrest in the 40 xdm I wonder till it is in sub size is a 4.5" to much, to long to carry ? I carry a sub xd 9mm now and a Kahr 9mm . I love a 45 its just heavy to carry. The 40 is a good cal and a good shooter good groups. Is it a carry gun size?

Jon
I have read that barrel length isn't as much of a consideration for carry as the size of the grip. Based on the way a holster holds a gun the length of the grip is what can cause probs. Kinda makes sense if you think about it cause the barrel is pointing down in most applications but the grip is sticking out. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The "M" isn't bad at all to carry. It's smaller than most 1911s. I think it's wonderful for most cases in self defense.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a sweet looking gun jlp. Keep 'em comin' guys.

1 - 20 of 2434 Posts