Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EA3EC4B8-9E2C-4CE7-BC48-A26BCA7BFE88.jpeg
I’ve got approximately 60 USGI mags that are beat up on the outside. I’ve got 2 cans of Perma-Slik-G

Let’s refinish some mags. Doing batches of 15.

1) strip mags (floorplate, spring and follower)
2) clean and degrease
3) dry by heating in oven
4) spray
5) let dry for 6 hours
6) load them sum’bitches up and operate.

I’ll update as I go.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Operator AF. High speed low drag.
44E7DB18-408D-4EB9-A3C4-A7A6ED50A312.jpeg

Reactions: DevJames

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Never heard of perma slik.

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
This could start a all new fun hobby endeavor. Art work on magazines. Can we imagine the fun and giggles possible with all the cool and weird X rated miniature paintings doable on a magazine body?

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
This could start a all new fun hobby endeavor. Art work on magazines. Can we imagine the fun and giggles possible with all the cool and weird X rated miniature paintings doable on a magazine body?
Get some of the Sand PMags while you still can. I got 10 of them for under 100 bucks shipped a few months ago. Gen 3 no window.

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
After a range trip that ended up with 5 or 6 guys trying to decide which mags (out of about 60 on a table) were who's, I started applying 2" invasion star decals to my 30 rounders.
It's easy, cheap, not X-rated, but still easy enough to distinguish my stuff from everybody elses.

Reactions: HB of CJ
1 - 12 of 12 Posts