Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well This is my second XD-45LE I wont sell this one. If you have not tryed one...do it. Thsi is the first of some lessons I have done to help the new XDGAP owners.

First try your magazine and try to see if it will feed the 45 round without problems. Unless you have some 12 round 357/40 mags laying around you will loose capacity, but it is good to know that your mags will work for the range. And even with the 15 rnd 9mm mag you at least get the capacity of a 1911. The main thing with using your current mags is that when you feed you will hear that it is a rough feed. What your hearing is that the 45 is lo large that as it goes to feed the case of the round hits the front top of the magazine, hence the round cut. Now if your not comfortable messing with you mags its ok, I tested every mag I own and all 33 mags feed fine. People ask why the Gap? well how about a big ass bullet that fits all my curent gear, if you have an xd all your accessories fit still and there were no grip or slide increases. I am also open and the gap will go nicely for reloading, I can use the same powder I use for my 9mm Win231 and the same small primers. The 45 bullets fit as well, so I only need to buy brass and dies not too much of an investment. Oh yea I can use my 45acp dies by simply adjusting them, and since I bought a bunch of factory ammo I already have brass. The recoil less than a 40 in fact if you closed your eyes and shot each you would probably not be able to tell them apart.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
:cry: Thats freakin beautiful :cry: I love anything with ".45 " on it ! ! ! And as of 3 weeks ago I LOVE anything with XD on it. Couldnt be happier with any other gun I dont think.GREAT info on the mag.'s Be sure to let us know how this one shoots

1 - 4 of 4 Posts