Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving into town today with wife and child in tow. I asked my wife if she wanted subway for lunch, she said ok and off we went to subway. As I grab my 2 year old and carry him on my right side ( stupid, I carry on the right side) anyway I walk in to find 4 sheriffs 2 state and 2 city cops eating their lunch! anyway my sons foot had caught my shirt and pulled it up just enough to see a bit of my gun, I promptly pulled it down and gave my son to my wife and went into the bathroom, as luck would have it they all cleared out as I came out of the restroom, I know that I did not have to "disclose" to any of them and im kind of glad. im sure most of them would have been cool about it and not wanting to interrupt their lunch. Im sure there would have been 1 or 2 wanting to make a deal about it. Maybe not, I didnt want to take the chance since I was in a public place with sheeple about! regardless it was an experience with a pucker factor of about 10!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL not all cops are out to beat a guy up for carrying.
I know not all are but there are a few out there! not that I was worried about that in particular anyway it was more the making a scene in public.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I guess alot depends on where you live, here I could care less if that happened. But OC is legal here, I guess if you live in a state where OC is illegal that could present a problem if the cops wanted to make it one

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess alot depends on where you live, here I could care less if that happened. But OC is legal here, I guess if you live in a state where OC is illegal that could present a problem if the cops wanted to make it one
OC is legal here.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
if OC is legal it is a non event

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Heh. The first time I carried after I got my permit was to a roast beef joint. We walked in and there were a bunch of police eating in there. I thought for sure they could all instantly tell I was carrying. :) Like in your case, everything was fine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
And what's the lesson you learned that day?

... that's right, leave your son in the car next time. ;) jk! Jk!

Glad things worked out without hassle. :)

Sent from TapaAtrix

·
Registered
414 Posts
All the LEOs I've talked to here in TX consider CHL holders who carry to be the good guys. I've occasionally had one ask to see my permit but I've never been hassled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts