Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
I am sold. I will be testing these out to see if they feed reliably in my g42. Lehigh seems to becoming out with some real winners. They also make those insane judge rounds. My current 380 rounds are xtp's but these seem to make them obsolete as long as my gun likes them. Now if I can find some place the sells them.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Interesting. Anytime you change the nose shape of a fmj, it changes the wound channel. I did some experiments with solids in my African rifle. The RN, penetrates for days, small ounce channel. By flattening the nose with a file, still penetrates enough to not recover it in 36" of wet pack, larger wound channel. Then I machined a small cup point into the nose. Still didn't recover the bullet, but a much larger wound channel. I like the concept Lehigh is going with for a solid.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
This is indeed interesting and I look forward to more tests in several calibers to see if they may be modifying the bullet shape for different velocities or if that matters. I suspect that at higher velocities it may need to be modified to minimize "cavitation" which means it is just cutting air instead of tissue, but we shall see.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Interesting, but...the cracks in the gel do not correlate to damage in living tissue; tissue is much more flexible, and doesn't crack like gel does...which means the "wound channels" he's touting aren't quite as big as he thinks.

That being said, it might be a slight improvement on FMJ...but I'm not convinced it would be enough to justify the cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts