Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can be arrested for bump firing? I've done it many times. I was talking to a co worker, and he told me you can be arrested for doing it since the rate of fire is similar to fully automatic... Can anyone confirm this??

btw, I got a new front grip for my AK74 and it makes bump firing so easy, anyone can do it. I had a hard time bump firing from the shoulder, but for some reason with the front grip, I just pull forward and I can dump the 30rnd mag in seconds. accuracy is complete crap, but who needs accuracy when you have 30rnds down range in a matter of seconds :twisted: I highly recommend a front grip for people that like to bump fire.

·
Registered
527 Posts
100% legal. Some ranges might have a time per shot, but its not illegal at all. shooting fast on semi is not the same as auto. and shooting full auto isnt illegal anyway, you just have to have the proper registration on the gun

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Individual ranges might prohibit the practice out of safety concerns, but that's the only restriction I'm aware of.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100% legal. Some ranges might have a time per shot, but its not illegal at all. shooting fast on semi is not the same as auto. and shooting full auto isnt illegal anyway, you just have to have the proper registration on the gun
Thank you. I didn't think it was illegal, I just didn't want to be wrong in this situation and end up getting arrested for something stupid.

·
Registered
17,739 Posts
Not illegal..the mechanics of the firearm are still 1 round per trigger pull, you are just "pulling the trigger" really really fast by the means of the elasticity of your muscle and the recoil of the firearm.

Just be advised....you might raise an eyebrow or two and get a visit from local or federal law enforcement...and if they can "make" it fire more than one round per trigger pull, you could possibly earn yourself a one way ticket to the pokey (and trust me..they will do all they can including using light strike primers and whatnot to nail you on it)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not illegal..the mechanics of the firearm are still 1 round per trigger pull, you are just "pulling the trigger" really really fast by the means of the elasticity of your muscle and the recoil of the firearm.

Just be advised....you might raise an eyebrow or two and get a visit from local or federal law enforcement...and if they can "make" it fire more than one round per trigger pull, you could possibly earn yourself a one way ticket to the pokey (and trust me..they will do all they can including using light strike primers and whatnot to nail you on it)
It does draw a lot of attention... Havn't had LE come out and say anything to met yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up one of these times.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While at the range today, a guy came in to test out his Slidefire Stock on his AR (see link). It was pretty cool...I wonder how long before they outlaw this product.

Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15

·
Registered
542 Posts
Why would you get a visit from LE? Do they have paper work saying you own an AR-15? Here when you buy any type of rifle there is no paper work on when you leave with it. All they have is the 4473.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would you get a visit from LE? Do they have paper work saying you own an AR-15? Here when you buy any type of rifle there is no paper work on when you leave with it. All they have is the 4473.
Because you have to have a license to own a fully automatic weapon. If they hear what sounds like full auto, they may want to see the license.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Because you have to have a license to own a fully automatic weapon. If they hear what sounds like full auto, they may want to see the license.
But as stated, it is not full auto and there's been no laws broken!

It's no different if they hear someone shooting a Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15 stock. Unless they can prove that the firearm is illegally modified to shoot full auto, there's nothing they can do.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right, I actually knew that but never checked on any laws about bump firing so I started the thread to make sure I was right. When my co worker started talking to me about it, it got me thinking I could be wrong so I figured I would play it safe than sorry and ask you guys about it.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
!00% legal, but you could be asking for leo/ big brother to question if your weapon is legal(full auto). You can argue all you want, but if for some reason they can get it to malfunction and even do a 2/3 shot burst one time, it will be your butt being locked up and you paying big bucks to prove your weapon is legal. And they usually win, because they don't care how much they have to spend to convict you or how long it takes, it's not their money they spend. Legal fees add up real quick for you. I don't know actual numbers, but I think a lot end up pleading guilty to some type of charge, just to keep from loosing everything.
They write the rules and they decide how those rules are applied.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Nosey neighbors/busy-bodies. If someone calls the police, then they will likely drive out.

Has nothing to do with the 4473.

I really do not know why there is so much misconception when it comes to registered machineguns.

There is NO (machinegun) license. Never has been.

When a machinegun is registered, it is a tax(ed) exemption for that particular weapon, and thus the registration papers will have a stamp affixed to it with the weapons serial number written on it to show that it's legally registered.

And just for the record, to my knowlege, since the registration is a (private) tax document, the owner technically doesn't have to show a police officer the paperwork even if he is asked for it. If the officer has any questions, all he has to do is call the ATF's toll free phone number and read them the serial number, make, model for verification that it's legit.

If an ATF agent asks to see the paperwork, the owner is required to provide it upon demand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts