Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I am not a lawyer nor am I offering legal advice... Ethically, I think you'd be fine as long as you disclosed that it was pre-recall and the recall update had not taken place.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not a lawyer nor am I offering legal advice... Ethically, I think you'd be fine as long as you disclosed that it was pre-recall and the recall update had not taken place.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. And yes, I'd definitely make that disclosure and let them know that they have the option of sending it in.

Is Springfield still giving customers a free mag when they process a recall on the XDS?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
If the recall is taking 10 days or less why not just send it in? You could sell the extra mag for your trouble.

·
Banned
0 Posts
No problem in selling it.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I'm thinking it's on the buyer to be aware of the recall. Just like when buying a used car, you know?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Heck... With a 10 (or even 21) day turn-around, I'd go ahead and send it in before selling...
Then taking it to the range JUST to make sure it still works, you know. ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Of course it's legal. It may even be desirable for some considering the short the turn around time, potential for buying it at a discount, and the free mag from SA.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm a little worried that sending it in will be the death of what is currently a pretty nice trigger. :-?
That is exactly my problem but it is in there now and when it comes back, it goes apart and a PRP kit goes in with a lot of fluff and buff.

Grab a Gun gun shop sold my friend a pre-recall gun just a few months back.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 made it illegal for anyone to sell recalled products, you could be fined up to $100,000 for selling a recalled product that later caused injury.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is exactly my problem but it is in there now and when it comes back, it goes apart and a PRP kit goes in with a lot of fluff and buff.

Grab a Gun gun shop sold my friend a pre-recall gun just a few months back.
Let us know how the returned trigger is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 made it illegal for anyone to sell recalled products, you could be fined up to $100,000 for selling a recalled product that later caused injury.
I had heard about this, but when I checked their website, I couldn't find a recall for any Springfield products. I think the bill applies to items listed in the database. Not sure why the XDS didn't get listed.

I would think an online firearms vendor like Grab a Gun would be aware of this, so I'm guessing they are of the opinion that this law does not pertain to the XDS, perhaps because it's not listed in the database.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I had heard about this, but when I checked their website, I couldn't find a recall for any Springfield products. I think the bill applies to items listed in the database. Not sure why the XDS didn't get listed.

I would think an online firearms vendor like Grab a Gun would be aware of this, so I'm guessing they are of the opinion that this law does not pertain to the XDS, perhaps because it's not listed in the database.
probably due to the voluntary nature of the recall.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts