Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bladetech belt holster with Tek-Lok and I've been questioned repeatedly at local matches whether or not it is IDPA legal. The Bladetech website says their regular belt holster is legal but no mention on the Tek-Lok. Does anybody have a definitive ruling from IDPA on this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The following is a quote from the latest IDPA rulebook:

"D. Must carry the firearm in a neutral (vertical) or muzzle rear
cant, but have no adjustable cant backpieces. Holster cant that
is adjustable by removing bolts and repositioning the backpiece
is allowed.
Exception: IWB style holsters do not have to meet
this particular criterion."

The entire rulebook can be downloaded here:

http://www.idpa.com/rulebook/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

As I understand it, based on Blade-Tech's description of the TEK-LOK
system, your holster should be legal.

Now the "light visible through the belt tunnel" issue is a whole 'nother matter......

:roll:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
I thought holsters for idpa had to be on their idpa approved holster list.
You're way outdated. New rulebook, new rules. No more list, holsters must meet cetain requirements regarding offset, drop, cant, etc. Puts a lot more work onto the Match Directors, and opens the possibility of (mis)interpretation; a holster legal at one club could be barrred at another. Not sure the new rules were the right direction, but the old "approved list" was getting unwieldy, and the manufacturers were cheating :( I understand why the rules were changed, but we'll see how the new ones work out.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Depending on your build it could be a problem due to the distance it may position the gun away from the body. I believe the max is 1/2". Slender folks tend to have this problem. Us "more rounded" type fellers have problems getting it away from the body!! I have a blade tech holster w/tek lok for one of my revolvers and is doesn't meet the distance limit.
Light in the tunnel shouldn't be a problem since the Tek Lok fits really snug on the belt.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The light through the belt loop is not an issue. There is no gap in the belt loop or between the belt loop and the holster. The only gap is betweeen the body and the holster just below the belt attachment. According to the rulebook this space can be no bigger than 3/4" so that is going to vary according to your build but other than that I would argue the Tek-Lok is legal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts