Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just posted my FNG intro in the "Latest" chatroom. Glad to be here.

I have been skulking around the forum a little, looking for advice on what's available for southpaws in terms of paddle holsters for the XD 9mm, but have not found the kind of info I'm looking for. What do y'all recommend along that line? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Are you interested in Kydex or Leather? Or both?

Josh

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I have an Uncle Mike's kydex. I like it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JJG said:
Are you interested in Kydex or Leather? Or both?
I'm interested in Kydex. Not too impressed with leather wear and tear (except as a shoulder holster). I'll check out Uncle Mikes. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
For Kydex, try blade-tec, they have a paddle, but they also have one that has the tec-lock feature which might be a good alternative to a paddle. Haven't tried one myself, but I know people that swear by thier products.

I prefer leather...I'd rather the the leather wear out rather than the finish on my gun.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I bought a FIST #1 holster in Kydex, ultrathin, some time ago for my little Taurus.. I liked it so much I got another one for my XD!

The link above will lead you to the page a gunnersalley with all the FIST holsters that they offer.

Heres a pic....

The holsters where my pistols live are Kydex, both Fist #1, the other is a Fobus paddle holster which I love!! I am pretty sure that Fobus makes the fixed paddle holster for you lefties. (I don't think the Fobus is truly a "kydex" holster.. It's ABS plastic.. but I love it anyway.)

Raymond

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just bought a g-code paddle, and it rocks.
I have a fletch high rise from galco, around 70 bucks, but that is how i carry my xd.

i had a fobus holster for a kimber, it was ok, but the mag pouch sucked big time.
i hear good things about blade-tech holsters, and uncle mikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts