Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy an XD-45 Service next year and am trying to figure out what holsters to get too. I am left handed and plan to carry it mostly IWB and also want a good Belt holster for range work. I'd appreciate it if you guys, especially the other lefties out there, can tell me what holsters you've had success with, where you got them and how much it cost you? Thanks

-----------
Remington 1100 12 Ga
Ruger 10/22 .22LR
Savage 775A 16 Ga

A gun in your hand does more good than a cop on the phone

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
lefty here...i have a crossbreed supertuck and a gun-works. both are forum sponsors, and both are great products...check 'em out!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Check out Rig Rate - Holster Search, Ratings, and Reviews. They have a decent search engine, though I've had problems with their website, possibly because their code doesn't like Firefox for MacOS.

Also, just about any XD holster will work for any XD pistol, as the frame dimensions are the same except for the different barrel lengths. As long as the holster you order is for the same barrel length as the pistol you own, it will work. As an example, if you order a holster that specifies an XD-9 Service, it will fit an XD .45 Service, or any 4" XD model.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so the consensus seems to be that Crossbreed IWBs are pretty good. I was just checkin their website and was wonderin if you guys have recomendations on what type of attachment hooks (J Hooks, V Clips etc) work best? Also, some of my friends swear by Blade-tech IWBs. What are your thoughts on those?

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I use the CrossBreed SuperTuck, and works fine even with a full-size XD. It will come with loops and j-hooks. The loops make it nice if you don't use a sturdy belt, though I highly suggest you do. The J-hooks work great if you need to remove your holster/gun, such as going into an establishment where they have a prohibition posted.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help on the IWBs guys. On a similar note, I know that when you get the XD Gear system, you get a belt hoster that is right-handed. This would be useless to me since im left handed. I was wondering if there is any way to get S/A to swap it out for you and give you something left handed instead without charging out any extra?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called SA and asked about a left-handed holster. They asked for my SN and sent me a lefty paddle holster, GRATIS!! It's an OK rig - looks like a FOBUS. I've also grown fond of carrying with a clipdraw - just clip it into my belt and I'm gone.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Check out Gun-Works great IWB and they make R & L...

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mr. Lucky,
That's good to hear that Springfield takes care of customers like that. It's one of the reasons i wanna do business with them: not only do they make a quality product, but they stand behind it with great service!Forgive my newbieness, but when you say that Springfield asked you for your "SN" what do u mean by that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I believe Mr. Lucky was indicating Serial Number.

As far as which hooks work the best for such holsters as the crossbreed, etc., it would depend on your gun, your size, and your concelament clothing needs. Generally, the C-clips tend to hold the holster more firmly to your body. The J-clips allow easy removal/install of the holster while sacrificing some stability. Some models offer tuckable clips, intended to allow you to tuck your shirt over the holster, eliminating the need for some over garment. You might find that double stack guns like the XD are difficult to hide under just a tuck in your shirt, depending on grip length and your body type.
Different holster mfg.s might have slightly different names for the attachment methods as described above. Other members here may have some corrections/clarifications on that.

My own belt is a kydex reinforced model from Comp-TAC, who also offer decent leather/kydex holsters. I have their Mintoaur MTAC, which works well enough. My personal favorite is a Versa Max II all leather holster from Milt Sparks. For my physique and clothing preferences, it is the most comfortable and a very quality piece.

Hope this helps - Sheff

Ooops, I had missed the post by lutheranpriest, forgive the redundancy. - S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts