Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a lead as to who makes a left handed holster for the XDM 9MM 5.25??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Every time I buy a Springfield Armory pistol that comes with a holster, I have called DEB at SA Customer Service and she sends me a left handed holster, FREE.

Just my experience............

TR:cool:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've got a good friend at my department who can do kydex (sp?) owb/iwb. This guy can do whatever you need, leather backed kydex similar to a cross breed too. PM me if you'd like his info.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am also looking for a left-handed holster as well as any products that help with concealing this beast of a gun. I am a woman so a side holster is far from concealed. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm a lefty with a 5.25 in 9mm, and was looking for kydex. Been very happy with the Comp-tac holster.
They make a paddle and a belt-loop model.

As for concealing it -- are you talking about for EDC or IDPA competition?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am looking for a way to conceal the weapon for every day carry if I'm not carrying a purse or if I feel like I need to carry it on my persons... I don't live in the best of areas and some of the events I go to don't attract the best of company sometimes....

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am looking for a way to conceal the weapon for every day carry if I'm not carrying a purse or if I feel like I need to carry it on my persons... I don't live in the best of areas and some of the events I go to don't attract the best of company sometimes....
Well, first thing I'd say is start a separate thread to make sure all the best eyes in the forum have a chance to see your issue, which I think might be larger than holster choice.

Assuming you like the XDm, you should strongly consider something physically smaller (even though it might be chambered in a more powerful cartridge). For example, the new XDs. That's a gun you can EDC with ease.

If you're dead-set on the idea of carrying a 5.25, I'd look into a high-ride design for a start, and if that doesn't work for you, start thinking custom, because there just aren't a lot of places to conceal a gun that big that will be even remotely comfortable during a day of normal activity.

·
Registered
257 Posts
speedrrracer said:
Well, first thing I'd say is start a separate thread to make sure all the best eyes in the forum have a chance to see your issue, which I think might be larger than holster choice.

Assuming you like the XDm, you should strongly consider something physically smaller (even though it might be chambered in a more powerful cartridge). For example, the new XDs. That's a gun you can EDC with ease.

If you're dead-set on the idea of carrying a 5.25, I'd look into a high-ride design for a start, and if that doesn't work for you, start thinking custom, because there just aren't a lot of places to conceal a gun that big that will be even remotely comfortable during a day of normal activity.
There, I made a new thread. Thx for the advice :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts