Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow, I'm going shopping, actually just looking, till after the Holidays. My CCW should be here in a few more weeks, and I don't know if I want to carry the old 5 shot .38. So I'm shopping for a new XD (9mm 4"), and will probably look over everything else in the size I'm thinking of. I'll look at a Glock (19) and a Sig (can't afford it), maybe a new 24/7 Taurus, P99 (too many parts?). Anything else, you think I should consider?

So I will remake up my mind, and put the XD back on the shelf. Maybe then I'll go out and blow up a few .22's in the Ruger. Clean it and pat it, and put it away.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You know you are going to buy the XD right? LOL

I was at Sportsmans Wharehouse today.. with my little girl and my woman at my side.. there was this fella' at the gun counter who was looking at a Glock and a XDSC both in 9mm.. Of course being the shy person that I am... I had to go over and chat with him..

So I ask him what it is he is looking at.. and say.. "hmm.. XD.. nice gun.." then I whisper... "I have one on my hip right now!" Then I did a quick field strip on the XDSC and pointed out the safety features.. He didn't seem to keen on the grip safety.. He did like the feel... and that is what it really comes down to..

As I was leaving.. he was filling out the form for the background check.. I am not sure that he bought the XD.. but I am pretty sure...

Have fun with your new XD.

Raymond

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went down (again) today. Listened to the sales guy tell me how the Glock was by far the superior weapon, yada.... yada..... Got sick of listening to him so I left, and went to another place.

I laid a G19 on the counter and a XD right beside it. I looked and felt, picked up sighted. Looked more.....

I like the safety on the XD. I Think the fit and finish is as good on one as the other. I like the sight line of the XD a lot. I like the dots, not so much the U, rear sight.

I looked at the salesman, and he said I looked much more like a Springfield guy, than a Glock guy. :shock:

The XD is $100 cheaper, I can blow a few holes for $100, and it's a great looking weapon. I wish I could fire each of them for a couple rounds.

I handed it back to him, and went home to get ready for a trip to the range tomorrow. WITHOUT a new 9mm to play with.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I dont know about the blick, block, I mean glick...well you know what im trying to say...being a better weapon. A guy I shoot with had the 2 rear rails on his whatchamacallit break off during a match. I believe it was a G34 though. Turns out they had a quiet recall going on about it. Because it was recalled, they have to make him a new frame with the same serial number. His wait is MANY weeks since it has to come from Austria! If it wouldn't have been under a recal, they could have smply replaced it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts