Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So silly me, got a new holster.
Put it in my range bag.

Somehow...still can't figure out how, I must've had a leaky oil container. Couldn't find one leaking but the inside of the holster has oil in it. It appears to be gun oil.
I holster my 1911 and pull it out and it's got oil smears on the slide.
Almost as though I had dipped my 1911 in oil then holstered it.
That I don't do. But wonder if the inside was so dry that it sucked all the oil from the gun after a cleaning? I don't use that much oil.....

I've been trying to leave it in the sun on my dashboard with paper towels in it, I've tried rags in it. That's to get it hot, sweat and hopefully the rags will absorb the oil...

Any other suggestions???

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

even put it in the oven at 150F for an hour to make it sweat and tried rags again.
Tried that a few times, still getting oil out.
I've never had that happen before... :sad:

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
best I can think is to mix some SD alchohol with water and put it in a spray bottle, then spray on the holster. I have used this to stretch leather. When it dries it will be the shape you want. the alchohol will break down the oil.

Worth a try. If possible let the leather dry with the gun in the holster. It might cause rust though doing it that way. I never did it with a pistol with unprotected metal. Only sis it with CZs and Glocks......

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an idea... Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts