Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw here, in one of the treads, a AR kit for less than $400.00. Now I can't seem to find it again. One of my lowers is going to be an A2 (maybe an A4)

I tried searching, but couldn't find it again.

Anyone remember what the website was?

Hardwarz

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Most of the kits I see today are about ~400 for the lower and same for the upper...I'll check back to see if anyone finds that site, too!!! :shock:

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
How does J&T compare to Del-Ton. I'm looking at a M4orgery, with 1/7 chrome-lined barrel. The carbine I'm looking to spec. out costs relatively close on both sites, so it'd wouldn't be much of a cost issue in picking a brand. I know Del-Ton is consistently regarded as a very decent place to do buisness with, so.......

Do we know who provides barrels for each kit?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
How does J&T compare to Del-Ton. I'm looking at a M4orgery, with 1/7 chrome-lined barrel. The carbine I'm looking to spec. out costs relatively close on both sites, so it'd wouldn't be much of a cost issue in picking a brand. I know Del-Ton is consistently regarded as a very decent place to do buisness with, so.......

I believe wilson arms makes the barrels for Del-Ton but I do not know who makes J&T distributing's barrels. not sure who they use.

Del-Ton uses DPMS upper receivers and barrels which means that their barrels are Wilson Arms.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
akpartskit.com has a m4 kit for 399.00.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Go with Del-Ton if you want something that is inexpensive and quality. $50-$100 more really isn't much money, and it definitely will pay off down the road.

·
Registered
367 Posts
akpartskit.com has a m4 kit for 399.00.

akpartskit.com = blackthorne

blackthorne = hesse = vulcan = crap.

buyer beware when ordering, you can find alot of ppl that had no problems with their orders and alot of ppl that got damaged goods cause the packing is horrible.

here is a pic of 1 persons shipment as received.

the box

the packing as removed, notice the bufferspring sticking out unprotected.

these are not my pics, these are taken from a post I found somewhere that I do not remember anymore.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Del-ton is supposedly great. I ordered a week ago and since there is a huge rush the delay is about 4 weeks I was told if you were to order now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think I'll be going with Del-Ton. When comparing an identically spec'd M4orgery to that of a J&T kit it just looks to be a better deal.

I have a Del-Ton 16" M4gery, made a bunch of custom upgrades to it on their site and saved a pretty decent amount of money. I compared it to most of the sites that I listed previously and Del-Ton gave me the best deal. Quality was great and service was great as well.

when I ordered mine the wait would have been longer for Mid-length but I switched to M4 carbine and they shipped the next work day. UPS actually got it to me in 2 days for 3day shipping.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I think I'll be going with Del-Ton. When comparing an identically spec'd M4orgery to that of a J&T kit it just looks to be a better deal.
Congrats and good luck. I think Delton will please you regarding quality and customer service.

·
Registered
219 Posts

the barrel on my del-ton upper is marked dti 5.56 nato 1-9 chrome. dti means del-ton inc. so i think the barrel is made by del-ton

·
Registered
367 Posts
the barrel on my del-ton upper is marked dti 5.56 nato 1-9 chrome. dti means del-ton inc. so i think the barrel is made by del-ton

its stamped with DTI but the barrels are actually made by Wilson Arms. below is taken from their website.

About
16" M4 Chrome Lined Barrel Assembly with M4 Handguards
Barrel is chambered in 5.56

Includes
Wilson Arms 16" 1x9 twist chrome lined M4 barrel

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
akpartskit.com = blackthorne

blackthorne = hesse = vulcan = crap.

buyer beware when ordering, you can find alot of ppl that had no problems with their orders and alot of ppl that got damaged goods cause the packing is horrible.
I've got a buddy that got a kit from them about 2months ago and it looked and shot pretty damned good.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've got a buddy that got a kit from them about 2months ago and it looked and shot pretty damned good.
Dont get me wrong, not everyone is going to get bad service or a bad product. you just run a higher risk of it.

for example, there are tons of ppl including myself that 100% recommend Del-ton cause they had great customer service and we got a great shipment but i'm sure a few ppl here have received a box missing something or something was damaged. same with any company that we all shop with.

with arpartskits.com/ blackthorne you just run a much higher risk of coming across problems. that doesn't mean that you friend doesn't count, it means that he wasn't one of the unlucky ones. blackthorne might not have anymore problems the rest of the year but you will still find ppl hesitant to buy from them and suggest otherwise because they do have a track record for problematic shipments.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts