Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so since I got my NHM-91 days before my Bday some friends (not so gun savvy) got together and got me this scope
Leapers 6-24x50 AO Range Estimating Mil-Dot - ILLUMINATED RIFLESCOPES by Combathunting.com online store

now I know 6-24X50 is overkill for an AK of any type, so I was wondering about possibly trading it in for something more practical.

My main concern is that the recoil from the AK is going to damage this scope if I use it on the AK, and make it worthless.

If anyone out there knows that it will be able to withstand the AK's kick, than I may just keep it and use it on my AK until I get a more long range gun to put it on/ use it until I can afford a more appropriate scope for my AK.

If it will damage it than I will leave it unopened in the box and try to trade it in at the local gun shop or something.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
ok, so since I got my NHM-91 days before my Bday some friends (not so gun savvy) got together and got me this scope
Leapers 6-24x50 AO Range Estimating Mil-Dot - ILLUMINATED RIFLESCOPES by Combathunting.com online store

now I know 6-24X50 is overkill for an AK of any type, so I was wondering about possibly trading it in for something more practical.

My main concern is that the recoil from the AK is going to damage this scope if I use it on the AK, and make it worthless.

If anyone out there knows that it will be able to withstand the AK's kick, than I may just keep it and use it on my AK until I get a more long range gun to put it on/ use it until I can afford a more appropriate scope for my AK.

If it will damage it than I will leave it unopened in the box and try to trade it in at the local gun shop or something.

AKs have no recoil, you can shoot them like a big pistol, I have...

...my tacticool brother took an AK I gave him and spent all his money on tacticool stock, grips, promags, those little magpul thingies, bipod, tac sling, spot light/laserbeam crap....had no money for optics left so...he bought one of those Daisy air gun red dot platic ssights and thought he was cool then. I laughed at him for, but for some reason, it works for him...that was 2 years ago! Your scope will do just fine. And don't worry about how big it is, it will just make your target easier to see.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Your scope will be fine with a good mount. You will probably be surprised at the range you can get from an AK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts