Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reloading for about two years, and I am curious as to why the cost of bullets has not dropped over the last year, while lead and copper prices are now about 1/3 of what they were a year ago. Any speculation or ideas?

·
Registered
185 Posts
One of the reasons ammo has not dropped like the metals is it is all about supply and demand. All of us run out and purchased every thing we thought we would need to get us through a civil war and now all the manufactures are out.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
because the manufacturers realized we will pay those prices so why charge less?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
The mfgs will have to use up the materials that were bought at the higher costs before they will lower their prices.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Supply/Demand.

Right now there's (A) a war on, and (B) lots of people are stockpiling because of politics.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Oil prices finally dropped because demand has dropped. It will take the same thing, which may happen after the wars and after we see what is on Hussien Obama's hit list.

·
Registered
464 Posts
As the Obama taxes increase ammo prices a bunch then the ammo mfgs will be forced to decrease their profit margin in attempt to sell their products. The bottom line is that you will still pay too much for ammo as result of ammo being over taxed. You can always say you do not want to prevent the hunters from practicing their sport but still over tax their sport to help elminate their sport. Kind of like the statement about putting science back into the White House. You put together a team of four knowledgeable guys that has already advised the White House and the US Congress in the past and be sure to pick the ones (stack the deck) that are all pro global warming so the outcome will always be the answers you desire to hear. Basically say what the public wants to hear but do exactly what you really want to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked to a lady at Georgia Arms and she said they are 5 to 7 weeks behind on orders and what there being told is that Obama is going to try and make it where you must have a class 3 permit to buy ammo. If this is true i dont know but right now I wont put it passed him.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is why I am getting into lead casting. Sure the start up cost is moderately expensive, but I wont be taxed into extinction. I can get lead ingots for a buck a pound locally, then figure out how to do voodoo magic alloys.

·
Registered
777 Posts
This is why I am getting into lead casting. Sure the start up cost is moderately expensive, but I wont be taxed into extinction. I can get lead ingots for a buck a pound locally, then figure out how to do voodoo magic alloys.
But how will you bar code your bullets?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts