Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
probably "Law Enforcement" but i dont know for sure.

there has been a big trend lately for things stamped "law enforcement only", or "government use only"... i see no point in it, but thats what i made my assumption on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess if it was a 4 inch service model, but mine is a 5 inch. Does anyone "know". It could be Limited Edition also but I don'y see why SA would do that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
therooster said:
there has been a big trend lately for things stamped "law enforcement only", or "government use only"... i see no point in it, but thats what i made my assumption on.
I've mostly seen this on AR15 mags these days. Also, Colt AWB-exempt AR's for law enforcement had these markings on the lowers. At one point they were a collector's item, now I think they're just cool. A little reminder of how stupid the AWB was, and how it needed to die a nice quick death last fall. Probably half my mags are marked LEO-only.

- Mike

·
Registered
885 Posts
I asked at the NRA show what the LE stands for. One of Springfield's employees told me it stood for Limited Edition. He went on to say the they didn't want to put GAP on the .45 XD because they didn't want the XD associated with Glock. (GAP=Glock Auto Pistol)

·
Registered
214 Posts
XD_Dan said:
I asked at the NRA show what the LE stands for. One of Springfield's employees told me it stood for Limited Edition. He went on to say the they didn't want to put GAP on the .45 XD because they didn't want the XD associated with Glock. (GAP=Glock Auto Pistol)
+1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts