Springfield XD Forum banner

LCR dilemma

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  FunkyD 
#1 ·
How difficult is it to get over your pinky not fitting on the bottom of the grip? I love everything about the LCR except that 1 feature. I shot the .38 special S&W bodyguard and shot it well at that and the grip on that revolver feels much nicer to me (fits better) but I can't get over where the cylinder release is on that revolver. Also, I can get the LCR.357 for the same price as the bodyguard....any suggestions? Should I just practice with the LCR and it will be more natural or look at something else?

#2 ·
Pretty much all sub compacts don't have a place for the pinky to rest; Glock 26/27/30, XD sub compact, MP sub compact.

In turn, the LCR does not have a place meant for your pinky. It is a different grip, but that's it. It's not good or bad, just personal preference and sacrifices for concealment. So hey, if you prefer one gun over the other, get it. It sounds like you prefer the bodyguard.

I own the .357 lcr but usually carry with .38 +p. the .357 is for woods or backpacking. I would go deaf if I used a full house .357 without hearing protection. The .357 weighs a tad more than the .38 too.

#3 ·
After a little bit you'll not even notice that your pinky is out of the game. I have the LCR in .357 mag also and after 50 rounds I don't even think about it. I also mainly use .38 specials in it because .357's are fun for 15 rounds then it hurts even with the excellent set of grips.

#4 ·
I'm used to shooting compacts, and with my large hands, the "pinky hang" is common. You get used to it and end up just curling the pinky under. I have the LCR, and the grips are VERY comfortable, more so than most "J" size snubbies. The one downside of the LCR is it's new and different and there aren't any aftermarket grips out there.

#6 ·
I fondeled one of these this weekend in the .357 flavor. And did notice this fact of the small finger hang. It did still feel very comfortable and natural, and don't think it would be a real issue for shooting. However, it fit my wifes hand perfect!

#8 ·
Well owning the LCR357 and drawning it from the holster or my ankle holster i dont have the pinky issue at all...

Just like any Compact guns it take time to find the right way to hold and shoot..
I like having the ease of 5 shot as a summer carry or BUG... Go along with my XD40sc..

#9 ·
If a grip is too short, then I just use my pinky to support the bottom of the grip. You get used to this pretty quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.